Posted Fri, December 6, 2013 9:42am EDT

Karen Lewis

Posted at 2:58 PM on April 24, 2015

For those who choose to leave negative comments on everything from diapers to typical toddler reactions I, a mother of 4 adult children plus studies and practices on rearing children, I wish to say my heart hurts for this couple taking into consideration issues that create some leave way in their methods. DID those criticizing ever consider these 2 children not only are facing major changes in their little lives from leaving orphanages where they had always lived and knew everyone, even though in their best interest at their age they don’t realize it. Bill and Jen do exactly what is right. There are enough changes the children cannot understand to bring them into a totally new setting to just “throw in” potty training, stiff discipline these children would not understand, hard hit Wil because in a very few months with now addressed hearing loss demand he speak English perfect (one will note he had already learned the phonetic Mandarin language enough to use it and also to add syllables at the end (ome ah -home) and once a language is learned certain sounds are very difficult to say, NOT to mention the fact what WE see is on television camera – not their fully real life. Think. Would some of the things you do with your children be what you would want to share with the world, and not to mention Jen – and Bill, and the kids affected by it, having to deal with a terribly serious illness while trying to adjust. Bill often says things about “learning about their children,” and their children learning about them. In child psyche I learned just in normal, American homes it’s not good child rearing to demand too much for a child at one time. Come on critics. these two people have great sense in when to introduce what and as Jen once points out it’s worth to “upset the apple cart.” Bill and Jen, I LOVE your program, and am absolutely delighted and fascinated by the life, and precious children you share with us. Ignore the critics. Somehow, though, I think both of you rise above those who want to knit pick – and note they are not sharing their life with us as you are. You’re great parents and great people. It is stated the greatest thing a couple can do for their child is show love for each other. Need I say more?

Kirsten Irvine

Posted at 3:03 PM on April 25, 2015

Jen has had a horrific time in terms do her cancer diagnosis, no one can say different. I am a mum of 2 and I have seen some behaviors on the show that I would not tolerate. Will is rude and disrespectful and Zooey is learning from him. If you find their behaviour acceptable then that’s fine, but I would not tolerate it. I know I can go anywhere with my children and I know they will behave!

Laura Owens

Posted at 8:21 PM on April 2, 2015

OMG, Bill and Jen are MODEL parents. They deal with problems directly and honestly. These children are special and need the special love given to them by Bill and Jen. I love the show and anxiously awaiting its return. Does anyone know when that will be. (Ignore the negative people!)

Mariane

Posted at 1:47 AM on February 24, 2015

I am so impressed with the amount of love Jen and Bill give these precious children. Think of all the changes Will and Zoey have experienced in their young lives: moving not only from one country to another but from vastly different cultures and customs than they were used to. They are acting like normal kids their age and having raised two boys myself, I think the discipline Jen and Bill give the children is entirely appropriate. Will had a serious hearing problem which affected his speech until he had surgery. He’s very bright and will catch up. All the physical problems, surgeries, limitations of mobility are things they deal with every day that the average person has never confronted. Let’s encourage them at every opportunity and not nit-pick at the way Bill and Jen are raising the children. They are very generous to allow us into their lives and millions of people watch them with fascination and pray for them daily. I feel blessed to have even have occasional glimpses of them on television. They are model parents and deserve our highest praise.

Alison

Posted at 6:20 AM on March 20, 2015

Well said. I hope Bill and Jen don’t take any notice of the negative comments. Love the show.

Carol

Posted at 4:50 PM on February 12, 2015

I see now that Zoey has started hitting his mommy (during the photo shoot) just like Will does. Jens comment in the show Zoey’s Birthday Party was ” Will isn’t bad to be bad, he wants to see you laugh”, I don’t agree, they are spoiling those kids rotten. These kids understand right from wrong, yet they are still in diapers. Too sad.

Miranda Jonessy

Posted at 1:21 AM on February 15, 2015

I totally agree. I see it more in Will than in Zoey. Will does bratty things and no one seems to want to help him make better choices. What are Jen and Bill afraid of? Will needs discipline. He does what he wants to do and gets away with it. It’s bad enough Will still cannot produce a sentence in English. He will have problems in school with the other kids because of his speech difficulties and problems with the teachers because of his bratty behavior. Jen and Bill better wise up and do the job that they wanted so desperately – to be parents.

Carol

Posted at 1:51 PM on February 17, 2015

@ Meranda I completely agree with you. It almost looks like Jen is afraid of Will. Will is just about as tall as Jen. At their photo shoot for the pictures for Bill, Zoey was telling Jen no and trying to hit her. Will lashed out too. It isn’t the kids fault, it is Will and Jens fault. I have seen Bill lay down the law, on the Easter show while coloring eggs so I know they can be good parents and have a try having some structure for those kids.

Now they just need to do it before it gets too late.

Kirsten ipsen

Posted at 2:43 PM on April 21, 2015

Unfortunately I think the are not tuff enough on both children. I don’t doubt for a minute that they love both children. But love allown isn’t enough. Has anyone notice the children always have I pads do their parents phones. That is lazy parenting!

Blowhard

Posted at 4:48 PM on February 12, 2015

Both Jen and Bill need to put the kids first not themselves.

Gramma Susie

Posted at 3:41 PM on March 16, 2015

My gosh people! These are some lovely people giving some great little kids a wonderful life like they would never had in their own countries, and sharing with all of us. Until you walk a mile in another’s shoes…….it is always easier to see in another’s world than in yours. Lets give them some positive feedback.
I for one want to see more of them all. When is the new episode coming? Why can’t we have them on all the time?
Love you all Jen and Bill, Just call me Gramma Susie