Follow along with me as I break down all 12 breakdowns from the Oct. 19 reunion special of Teen Mom!
While I wait for my official “I survived two straight hours of Teen Mom” t-shirt to arrive, let’s recount the most dramatic moments of last night’s Teen Mom season two reunion: the total emotional breakdowns! Farrah Abraham and Catelynn Lowell both got choked up discussing their respective mom’s abusive behavior, Maci Bookout got misty-eyed when baby daddy Ryan Edwards called her a selfish mother, and Amber Portwood lost it when she admitted to not remembering her attacks on fiancé Gary Shirley.
- Why Farrah cried: Her mom recalled the time she accidentally hit Farrah… twice! I think we need to face facts: Farrah and her mom are never ever going to get along. They just don’t fit together. And I think I’ve been unfairly harsh towards Farrah this season, especially when I pointed out her bratty behavior towards her parents. I think I was overlooking how bad her mom was to her. I don’t think I’d be cool with my mom if she attacked me in the night.
- Why Farrah’s mom, April, cried: She broke down in tears telling Farrah how much she really loves her. As it turns out, she can feel feelings. Hooray!
- Why a random audience member cried: A young girl asked Farrah to pick the hardest part about Sophia growing up without a father — and Farrah sent the question right back at her! The poor girl broke down, and only a hug from Farrah could make it all better.
- Why Maci cried: Though Maci’s “breakdown” was actually kept down to a sniffle, she did show some waterworks when baby daddy Ryan called her selfish for taking baby Bentley to Nashville to live near then-new boyfriend Kyle King.
- Why Catelynn cried: Catelynn first broke down when baby daddy Tyler Baltierra brought up the time she lied about sleeping with her ex-boyfriend. (Yeah, remember that?) Her second round of tears came when she told her mom how hard it was living with someone so mean. And the third breakdown came when she and Tyler watched a home video of their adopted baby Carly‘s first steps.
- Why Tyler cried: See reason No. 3 for why Catelynn cried. Thank you.
- Why Catelynn’s mom cried: Skeletor Catelynn’s mom finally told Catelynn how much she loves her.
- Why Amber cried: She opened up to Dr. Drew Pinsky about her own mother’s abusive behavior she witnessed growing up. As Dr. Drew pointed out, Amber is continuing a cycle of domestic violence. She cried a second time when she told Dr. Drew she didn’t remember attacking Gary — like she blacked out. More tears still flowed when she admitted she was at a dead end and didn’t know what to do.
And in case those two hours weren’t enough, here are more interviews with the cast of Teen Mom: