The drama is back, but with a new cast. Will these ’16 and Pregnant’ stars rise to fill the shoes of the old cast of ‘Teen Mom?’ Only time will tell!
Teen Mom is coming back with a full cast of new girls! Goodbye Maci Bookout, Amber Portwood, Farrah Abraham and Catelynn Lowell. New gals Leah Messer, Jenelle Evans, Kailyn Lowry and Chelsea Houska are here! Season two premieres Jan. 11 on MTV.
Leah Messer and one-year old twin girls Aliannah & Aleeah:
- Leah, 18, is a resident of Clay, Va. After dating her boyfriend for a month, the two found out she was pregnant with twin girls Aliannah & Aleeah who are now 12 months old. Leah has graduated from high school and is working as a dental assistant. She still dreams of going to college, but is waiting for the girls to start school to further pursue her degree.
- Baby daddy: Corey Simms, 20, works at a water company as a maintenance boy. Leah cheated on Corey with her ex-boyfriend, but they are now back together as a married couple and raising the girls together. “We went through our immature stages, and finally came together and realized this is what we really want, not only for the girls but for ourselves too,” Leah tells Us Weekly.
- Plotline: Daughter Aliannah is developing a lot slower than her twin sister Aleeah. “Aleeah is healthy. She’s trying to walk,” Leah shares. “Ali, she’s at the point where she sits up. She doesn’t do the things Aleeah does.”
- Teen Mom 2 starts out with Leah’s continuous attempts to win Corey back.
Jenelle Evans and son Jace, 16 months:
- Jenelle, 19, lives in Oak Island, N.C., with her mom Barabara Evans. On 16 and Pregnant, Jenelle freaked out and pushed her mom, but they have worked out their differences. Jenelle is currently attending community college where she’s studying film.
- Baby daddy: Andrew Lewis, 25, is estranged from Jenelle and their son Jace. “He pays child support but hasn’t seen Jace since February,” Jenelle tells Us Weekly.
- Plotline: Jenelle has a new boyfriend, 20-year-old Keiffer Delp. They’ve been dating for 6 months and he’s the one who taught Jenelle how to remain calm in her mom’s presence.
- Plotline: Jenelle used to be a party-going beach girl, but has she really changed her ways?
Kailyn Lowry and son Isaac, 11 months:
- Kailyn, 18, was estranged from her family when they found out she was pregnant. She moved into her then boyfriend’s parents’ house in Nazareth, Pa., and is a dental hygiene major. Kailyn works at a local sporting goods store.
- Baby daddy: Jonathan “Jo” Rivera, 19, is a good daddy to baby Isaac, but has broken it off with Kailyn. She now lives in his parents’ basement when he asked her to leave. “We tried to make things work, but I held a grudge against him for going out all the time when I was pregnant,” Kailyn says. “He blames me for us not being together.”
- Plotline: Kailyn feels estranged from everyone. Jo has ended things with her, and she’s just now starting to reconnect with her own mom after being disowned. Her own father is no longer part of the picture despite their meeting on 16 and Pregnant.
Chelsea Houska and daughter Aubree, 15 months:
- Chelsea, 19, lives at home with her mom in Sioux Falls, S.D. She’s working towards getting her GED and wants to pursue a future in cosmetology.
- Baby daddy: Adam Lind, 19, was not involved with Chelsea for three weeks after she found out she was pregnant. Then, he went on a nasty rant before calming down. He now works part-time plowing snow. “It goes back and forth,” Chelsea says of their relationship. “We are trying to get our relationship back on track. Being a dad has made him grow up a little.” He has calmed down on his partying, but still loves his Camaro.
- Plotline: Chelsea and Adam’s tumultuous relationship. He wasn’t there in the beginning and used to refer to her as a “bitch” and their baby as a “mistake.” “He hurt me,” Chelsea confesses. “There were things that happened that I just let pass by. I didn’t react the way I should have.”
- Plotlline: The show opens up with Chelsea attempting to go on an unsuccessful date with someone other than Adam.