Stylist to the stars Ted Gibson shares his all time favorite Oscar hairdos!
We might eventually forget who wins an Oscar this Sunday but we will definitely never forget an amazing Oscar hairdo. “I think hair can add a certain sex appeal to the overall image of an Oscar nominee,” says celebrity hair stylist Ted Gibson. “If the dress is mediocre but the hair is beautiful, it can make all the difference.” You know Ted as the hair makeover guru on TLC’s What Not To Wear and the man behind the manes of some of your fave starlets like Ashley Greene, Anne Hathaway, Lake Bell and yes, even Kate Gosselin. Ted shares with you his most memorable hair moments in Oscar history! Did your favorite looks make it?
Barbara Streisand, 1969
- “I love this look because it was so trendsetting at the time and has now become that 60s and 70s classic trend look.”
- “This is one of my favorite looks because it pushes buttons and is a complete reflection of who she is as a person. This look is exactly what Cher has always been famous for.”
Angelina Jolie, 2000
- “I love Angelina’s long extensions in this Oscar look. Long hair just makes a woman feel sexy.”
Julia Roberts, 2001
- “This look is classic with a twist. Julia tends to be more natural in her hair, clothes and makeup, so this departure was a perfect Oscar winning look.”
Halle Berry, 2002
- “The detail and femininity of this dress was the perfect balance with Halle’s short hair. Her hair and jewelry are understated because of the dress. It was all very deliberate.” - Marta Topran