Shakira’s hips don’t lie — and neither do her abs! Find out how you can get a sexy six pack of your very own!
Shakira can seriously shake her hips! Just look at her sexy abs and smoking body in these photos taken Sept. 21 of her performing at NYC’s Madison Square Garden and July 22 of her posing in the Ibizan countryside. At 33, she has no problem moving her body. That’s why she has one of the best six packs in Hollywood!
Do YOU want to get abs like Shakira’s? If you can’t tell from her sexy moves, she loves to belly dance! Here’s what NYC belly dancing Instructor Kaeshi Chai from Bellyqueen suggests to do if you’re just starting out:
- Build a foundation. “Practice the foundation moves of belly dance, which include figure eights, circles, slides and shimmies,” Kaeshi says. “Any contraction utilizing the rectus abdominus (stomach), obliques and quadratus lumborum (side muscles) and back muscles will help tone and exercise the torso region. Most foundation belly dance movements activate the torso muscles of the body.”
- Dance every day. You can do it anywhere! “A person can dance a little everyday — when they are washing the dishes, brushing their teeth or even talking on the phone,” Kaeshi says. Just pop your hips!
- Get instruction. “Seek out a local dance class or buy a DVD,” Kaeshi suggests.
- Practice, practice! Kaeshi says you have to “practice three days a week for a minimum of 30 minutes each time!”
- Cross-train. “The ideal combination is to cross train with yoga and pilates to build flexibility and strength,” Kaeshi says. Also, try “meditation to practice moving your breath through your body which will make your dancing seem effortless.”
- Listen to your body! “Listen and trust your body,” Kaeshi says. “It’s wisdom will tell you what it wants to eat and when to stop!”
There you go! Hopefully these tips will help you to burn away that belly blubber and to get your very own sultry six-pack!
— Lindsey DiMattina