Some of the most beautiful women on the red carpet were wearing this amazing brand. Here’s how to steal their looks!
Last night’s 2011 Screen Actors Guild Awards had some spectacular beauty looks created by one of my favorite makeup brands, COVERGIRL. Which stars were rocking these amazing formulas and how can you get their look? Read on to see how you can snag your own COVERGIRL red carpet makeup look, straight from the celebrity makeup artist that created them!
Julia Stiles (look created by Celebrity Makeup Artist Jake Bailey)
Inspiration: her gorgeous flowing dress, which inspired an “effortless, “rich hippie” look.
- Face: For flawless-but-dewy skin, buff COVERGIRL NatureLuxe Silk Foundation on to the skin with a flat-topped brush. Follow with a bronzer with a hint of shimmer on cheeks and along the hairline for a natural glow, then finish with a shimmery coral blush on the apples of your cheeks.
- Eyes: Get a dramatic smoky eye by first lining the inner rim and lashline with COVERGIRL LiquiLineBlast in Black Fire and smudge it upwards. Use COVERGIRL Smoky ShadowBlast in Purple Plume along the lid and up towards the brow bone. Finish the look by applying false lashes and top them off with COVERGIRL LashBlast Fusion.
- Lips: Polish your gorgeous look off with a nude lip to offset your eyes. First line the lips with COVERGIRL Lip Perfection in Smoky, then fill them in with COVERGIRL Lip Perfection in Delish.
Julie Bowen, (look created by Celebrity Makeup artist Heather Currie)
Inspiration: Julie’s sleek Malandrino jumpsuit, which inspired a look “that reflected its classic and elegant, yet sexy style.”
- Face: For luminous, glowing skin, apply COVERGIRL NatureLuxe Silk Foundation, then add COVERGIRL Simply Ageless Sculpting Blush in Lush Berry for just a hint of bright, bold color and a slightly flushed face.
- Eyes: Smudge COVERGIRL LiquiLineBlast in Brown Blaze along the lash line before applying eyeshadow. Finish the look with COVERGIRL LashBlast Fusion in Black.
- Lips: Line lips with COVERGIRL Lip Perfection Lip Liner in Radiant., then use COVERGIRL NatureLuxe Gloss Balm in Peony for sheer color with a glossy touch.
Kyra Sedgwick (look created by Celebrity Makeup Artist Robin Siegel)
Inspiration: Kyra’s vintage Thierry Mugler dress, which called for a sexy, smoky eye with soft rose lips and radiant skin.
- Face: Give yourself a radiant, flawless look with COVERGIRL Simply Ageless Foundation. Add a rosy glow with COVERGIRL Simply Ageless Sculpting Blush in Lush Berry, then set the look with a light powder.
- Eyes: Use a dusty charcoal shadow with a pearlescent finish, then use COVERGIRL LiquilineBlast in Silver Spark across the lash line for a smoky, liquid liner look. Create a full fan of long lashes withCOVERGIRL LashBlast Length Mascara in Black.
- Lips: Create a glossy, polished lip with COVERGIRL NatureLuxe Gloss Balm in Sandstone.
Amber Riley (look created by Celebrity Makeup Artist Mylah Morales)
Inspiration: Amber’s super chic, super sleek hair and gorgeous Anne Barge dress, which called for a bold look.
- Face: First, prep skin with a good primer for a look that lasts all evening. Then, use COVERGIRL Queen Collection Compact Foundation and build a natural flush with a coral blush and COVERGIRL Queen Collection Natural Hue Minerals Bronzer.
- Eyes: Keep the lids natural but defined them with COVERGIRL LiquiLineBlast in Black Fire, then make the eyes truly pop with COVERGIRL LashBlast Volume Mascara.
- Lips: Finish with a stand-out lip with COVERGIRL Lip Perfection in Embrace.
Sofia Vergara (look created by Celebrity Makeup Artist Kayleen McAdams)
Inspiration: 60’s screen siren Brigitte Bardot, which called for lots of lashes and a glamorous smoky eye.
- Face: Used just a touch of concealer under your eyes, then apply COVERGIRL NatureLuxe Silk Foundation in Chestnut, followed by COVERGIRL Clean Pressed Powder Oil Control in Soft Honey.Add just a touch of highlighter on your cheekbones, forehead and the bridge of your nose for a healthy glow. Finish the look with COVERGIRL Cheekers Blush in Classic Pink on the apples of your cheeks.
- Eyes: Achieve a smoky eye by first lining the top of the eyes with COVERGIRL LiquiLineBlast in Brown Blaze very close to the lash line and along the bottom of the eye from the inner to outer corner, blending the top line out to a cat eye shape. Then apply COVERGIRL Eye Enhancers in Coffee Shop over the liner to soften it, bringing the color all the way up to the crease of her eye. Next, add a thin line of COVERGIRL Line Exact in Black Brown right at the lash line to add the appearance of lash thickness. Top the eyes off with at least three coats of COVERGIRL LashBlast Fusion in Very Black on the top and one on the bottom.
- Lips: Get Sofia’s mauve lip with COVERGIRL Lip Perfection Lipstick in Entwined for a rich color with a creamy finish.
Which COVERGIRL look did you like the most? Vote now!