Posted Sat, June 26, 2010 11:18am EDT

Photos! Will Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart Last? Body Language Experts Battle It Out!

Posted Sat, June 26, 2010 11:18am EDT

R-Patz & K-Stew’s actions speak louder than their words when it comes to their relationship!

Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson spent LOTS of time together June 25 on the black carpet for the world premiere of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse at LA’s Staples Center. Photographers and Twi-Hards alike watched the hot couple’s every move and every interaction — but what does their body language really say about the state of their relationship? HollywoodLife.com consulted two top body language experts to decide once and for all how R-Patz and K-Stew really feel about each other.

After throughly analyzing red carpet photos of K-Stew and R-Patz, body language expert Dr. Lillian Glass believes the Twilight stars are “very connected.” Here are some of her findings:

1. When Kristen grabs the back of Rob’s jacket, “it shows she’s got control over him. He’s smitten with her and she’s got him wrapped around her finger.”
  2. In a number of photos, “she’s leaning in to him and he’s leaning into her in a protective way, which is very loving. He’s also looking where she’s looking and gives a look of wondering what’s intriguing her gaze.”
  3. “He’s looking at her with such love — he’s looking at her with adoration, admiration and love.”
  4. Kristen feels very relaxed when she’s next to Rob. “Her knee is towards him and her toes are pointed in the same direction has his.”
  5. Rob gives a look that is “smug and confident that [Kristen] is with him, which says that they have a really good sexual connection.”
  6. “The one thing that’s consistent is their hips are touching, which shows that they are very connected.”

But not all the experts see eye-to-eye when it comes to Rob and Kristen’s relationship. Another body language expert, Patti Wood, believes the photos of Rob and Kristen from the Eclipse premiere signify a great deal of TENSION between the couple. In fact, she thinks he’s WAY more into her than she is into him. Here are some of her findings:

1. By grabbing the back of Rob’s jacket it “shows what [Kristen is] doing behind the scenes and her desire to change the things in front of the camera.” The tension in her fist says: “I don’t want to hold you tenderly, but I don’t want you to step away.”
  2. In one image, they’re both looking down in the same way. “He’s focused on helping her walk and paying attention to her needs, which is not something most guys do on the red carpet.”
  3. At one point her hands and arms are pulled all the way back while he is reaching out to her. “She’s not doing any reciprocation and her pelvis is showing sexual withdrawal.” In addition, “the facial attention, the look, from the neck up is under conscious control. It looks like it’s posed sexually for the camera.”
  4. “She wants to be seen as an independent woman — which is why her shoulder is up and her hips away.”
  5. After changing out of her red carpet gown, she gives the look of “Now that’s over and we can just be buddies again.” They looked relaxed, as though they aren’t on camera anymore — even though they are. And he gives the impression that “He’s really proud of her and gives the ‘peacock puff,’ which says to everyone, ‘she relies on me’.”

Interesting on both sides. What do you think, BFFs? Do Rob and Kristen look like a happy couple in these photos, or is there something hidden behind their million-dollar smiles?

— Haleigh Castino

ann dixon

Posted at 7:36 PM on June 30, 2010

did everybody forget that those shoes where killing her and maybe this is why is is holding on to both of her leading men.

Naomi

Posted at 4:35 PM on June 29, 2010

Every move they make is scrutinized! You cannot determine a couple’s relationship status just by looking at a handful of pictures. And there are so many interpretations to these pictures. I say let them be and mind your own business!

LOU - Butler, PA

Posted at 4:04 PM on June 29, 2010

I think Rob is way more into her, than Kristin is into him. Kristin is acting just like her character, Bella. She cant decide what she wants! She may loose him, in the end.

celine

Posted at 8:41 PM on June 28, 2010

i think they re a couple the way they look at each other and their actions. rob is ver much in love with her so thus kris also, i saw kris when she was withmichael angarano she is so differenteven the way they acted i will not even believe that time kris amd michlea are together they are just like friends they don’t have the chemistry just like rob and kris.kris met robs parents last yearin vancouver and he met kris dad during the oscar ceremony, so they know each other that well.

D

Posted at 3:10 PM on June 28, 2010

Can you say “friends with benefits” what wrong with that!!!!

ivie

Posted at 12:20 PM on June 28, 2010

Hello, I’ am french, so, pleause, excuse me for my bad English….Well, i think RobSten is a couple.But, i am furious: I think theyre are not very sympatics with their fans: why don’t they say the truth?Robert is very sympatic and beautiful but his fans seem happy to think he is in love cwith Kristen, so he don’t have to be afraid with that.Please, RobsSten, don’t be cruel with your fans!Say the truth!

amali

Posted at 2:41 AM on June 28, 2010

lets give them some space people…. What matters is there happiness!!! All I can say is they look good together, they have a gr8 chemistry, and lets hope they give us the same performance again and again in future!!!

AngB

Posted at 9:15 PM on June 27, 2010

I think they are a couple. And serious about each other. I also don’t believe you can judge who is more infatuated with the other by pictures or interviews. People act differently in public than in private (this is true for everyone). I think they are very sweet together.

golfnut2

Posted at 8:20 AM on June 27, 2010

Robert really is very gentlemen, Kristen is very lucky to have Robert. He looks very in love with her and so as she. Good for them.

Artemis

Posted at 6:20 AM on June 27, 2010

that doesn’t mean they are together but her ring with his name back means a lot.and if i don’t do wrong rob have a ring too so i guess his having her name back too…
but i don’t think they have married because they don’t wear the ring for each other in the right finger which is much wearing the married

bats

Posted at 4:59 PM on June 27, 2010

the rings? the endless love? really? c’mon people, stop it already, it’s enough. they are not Bella and Edward, they are Kristen and Robert. don’t kill me – I’m not robsten or nonsten. but these speculations are becoming ridiculous. it’s like a question of life and death. everybody knows that they are together (and God forbid to have another opinion) but themselves.
the funniest thing is that these speculations will not stop untill this saga ends, at least for two more years. and the gossip about them being together becomes more intensive before the opening of the new movie.
don’t kill me :)

hellen

Posted at 3:02 AM on June 27, 2010

They looked very happy and they love each other very much, he adores her, I think they are very much in love, but I also think that Robert loves her the most. He loves her since twilight and she felt in love in new moon. Rob´s adoration is the longest and because of that it´s deeper.

alice

Posted at 8:49 PM on June 26, 2010

Rob and Kristen really the cutest couple, But i don’t like that Rob is more into her than she is with him. Because i think Rob deserves a more mature girl!

MAYRA

Posted at 8:02 PM on June 26, 2010

My opinion is that I think Kristen does not trust Robert is a womanizer. I think she married a producer or director. she Young pretty, her dad is TV producer LOOKING FOR SOMEONE STABLE and she does not have to be thinking that he is unfaithful.

milla

Posted at 6:53 PM on June 26, 2010

i think that kristen stewart is the most misunderstood actress in hollywood. she has a very strong personality and is quite outspoken- the very reasons why her fans love her and why she also gets flamed, for not playing the fake ‘say what they want to hear game’. from i can tell from the bodylanguage and knowing what i know of kristen as one of her many fans, she is very shy and is a very private person. she gets intimidated by the ‘intrusion’ of the paparazzi and everyone’s interest in her ‘private’ life and relationship. she clutches to rob’s back because she needs to have that support from him knowing that all eyes are on them. let’s face it the eclipse premier is much much bigger than any of the other films before. rob helps her down the red carpet because she is known to be a bit of a klutz when walking in high heels. she almost tripped while walking to the stage at the MMA! and if you look at the pictures properly you can even see taylor’s arm trying to support her walking from the back. both rob and taylor know how unsteady kristen gets when walking on heels. from the pictures you can tell that rob and kristen have a special connection because they are so into each other which ever picture you look at so much so that even when taylor is there he looks like a third wheel! as for the afterparty pics, you can tell that kristen looks tired and wants to leave. she is not big on huge parties by the looks of things although she does attend them on occassions. she doesnt look ‘as into rob’ as he does because kristen does not wear her heart on her sleeves. as i said she is a very private person so she is less demonstrative compared to him especially as she is aware that all eyes are on her. the reason I am one of her fans, is because she is refreshingly genuine. if she likes somebody she genuinely likes them and if she doesnt you can tell it is so. so when it comes to rob, kristen definitely likes him. I dont know the nature of their relationship what i do know is that they are very close and that this relationship will lasts well after the twilight series are over.

Kate

Posted at 1:57 AM on June 27, 2010

Well said! I completely agree. it’s nice to have someone back Kristen up for once and show they’re a true fan of hers and prove that true fans know then reallly well. I feel like i know her and i can defend her, but everyones excuse is..do you know her? and i have to say no, cause i don’t, but in a way i do..

Alicia

Posted at 1:12 AM on June 28, 2010

milla, well said!! I have met kristen and rob on two occasions, and though I do not know them personally and they don’t know me from any other person they have met, I can say they are really, really, really close!! I cannot confirm dating because men and women can have a sexual relationship and a close bond, friendship if you will all at the same time. but as a woman I believe they are together! and from what I have been told they are a couple and have been for a while now. kristen is or at least appeared to be very, very sweet and a talker!! when she is around people she is close to or when she is not overwhelmed by to many people. Rob is exactly how you see him!! very sweet and very protective of kristen and so is taylor! they are all really close!! if this relationship does not last, it will shock me! because they are both old souls and very family oriented! and the love is both ways, rob is just open with it and kristen is when she feels like it! but the relationship is not him being more into her they are both into one another! and as I said I may not be friends with them but I def. know some people that are and this is not a secret among the people they associate with, everyone knows they are together, but it’s rob and kristen private life and they share it if they want to. they are not a summit produced couple! read gossip cops latest article and I agree!

Shari Anne

Posted at 6:49 PM on June 26, 2010

All this to-do about people who are essentially children. I’m sure they care about one another–you’d have to be bonded through such an intense experience. It’s like surviving a plane crash together: no one else could ever understand what they’ve (all) been through. That being said, I think the reason for all the confusion about Kristen is that she’s probably gay. She may not even have come out to herself, but just wait… I don’t say this to be cruel or sensationalistic. I’ve spent alot of time counseling gay teens and she acts just like the females: angry, very masculine, quiet and inarticulate; never letting anyone get close because it’s too scary. Totally uncomfortable in anything feminine and always looking miserable… The only time you see her relaxed and smiling is when she’s with her “gal pals”. Otherwise she just looks tortured.

Kate

Posted at 1:54 AM on June 27, 2010

Really…. like really? wow.

emma

Posted at 6:43 PM on June 26, 2010

I agree Sharib. Grabbing his jacket like that was an obvious case of desperation from nerves. These body language experts sound really dumb.

emma

Posted at 6:41 PM on June 26, 2010

These experts are such bullsht. Where are there credentials. Also, I don’t think Rob and Kristen are typical. Especially Kristen so even with body language expertise, they could be reading the wrong thing. I don’t think their relationship is as complicated as you guys try to make it seem. The only complicated part is keeping it under wraps.

milla

Posted at 6:40 PM on June 26, 2010

I think that what they have is a genuine relationship like any young couple in love, the only difference being that they are constantly in the limelight due to twilight.

debbie

Posted at 6:28 PM on June 26, 2010

HA HA HA PATTY you just wish you where Kristen Sorry not goinga happen

realness

Posted at 4:35 PM on June 26, 2010

I agree with mona. Kristen isn’t using Rob. She’s a star in her own right. I saw how those Summit execs slobbered all over her. The director of the Los Angeles Film Festival came out to introduce her new film. Samuel Goldwyn bought it and came out to support her. I see Kristen marrying a director, writer, or one of those big industry guys and doing the movies that she wants. I think her and Rob are easy hook up partners. Who didn’t do that when they were 20. I think she held on to his jacket so tightly because her feet were hurting. You could tell by the way she was leaning on him. As for her changing, she always changes. She took off her hills and put on her converse. She was barefoot at the freaking Oscar after party. I think Pattison is more invest than Kristen, but he’ll get over it. They only have two more movies until this mess is over. I wonder what this website and the other gossip rags will do then.

Sharig

Posted at 2:28 PM on June 26, 2010

Funny, I interpreted the holding on to Rob’s jacket differently. Knowing that she is shy, nervous, and uncomfortable in these public events, I thought it was her way of anchoring herself with the one person she trusts and cares about. It seemed to me that she was saying with that gesture, thank goodness you are here to help me through this.

Tina

Posted at 3:33 PM on June 27, 2010

I think you are right Sharig, I just saw the entire other half of that picture. She is gripping Taylor Lautner’s suit the same way but lower on his waist. His suit is all bunched up from her grabbing it so hard. They both had huge wrinkles in their suits. She was maybe nervous of all those crazy Twi-hards and cameras. I know I would be.

Sandie

Posted at 1:32 PM on June 26, 2010

This is such BS. They look okay to me, but only they know if they are on and not some juju palm reader.

Kat

Posted at 1:25 PM on June 26, 2010

Okay they ARE together..soo that patti wood girl says that just bc Kris changed out of her dressy outfit means that they are just bffs?? ha! i think not..she changed out of her clothes bc..well bc its Kristen Stewart for cryin out loud. lol wat do u expect? her to stay in a dress ALL night when she doesnt have to? i dnt think so. shes not that type of girl.
Rob may love her more than she loves him, but Kristen really does love Rob…u can tell. She’s head over heels for that guy and vise versa..

fezhat

Posted at 1:11 PM on June 26, 2010

I think Kristen uses Rob. She knows its he that the the fans love. She’s not a girl people warm to at all. No charisma at all. Once these films are over she’ll drop him like a stone and look for another actor to take her higher up the hollywood ladder. Rob needs to wake up.

india

Posted at 3:36 PM on June 26, 2010

To fezkat, was she using him when she said, “it’s got to be Rob or I won’t do Twilight”, too. If she’s is using Rob, she’s putting herself through a hell of a lot to be with him. Her life would be so much more calm and stress-free if she wasn’t with him.

She must like being torched for being with him.

Believe it or not, Kris has a lot of fans too.

Janie

Posted at 3:13 PM on June 29, 2010

If she was using Rob, she would be PDA-ing it all over the place and talking up their relationship be it real or fabricated. Same goes for Rob. The fact that they want privacy speaks volumes.

mona

Posted at 12:19 PM on June 26, 2010

I will not be assuming that their together anymore!! I am tired of the back and forward comments, arguments and articles. All that I am absolutely sure of is that they do care for each other whether that is friendship, lovers or friends with benefits (my true guess actually!!!) I will wait them out!! Until then, let them have their fun!!!