Merry Christmas from ‘RHONY’ star Ramona Singer and her family!
Ever wonder what it would be like to spend Christmas with a reality show star? Well The Real Housewives Of New York City‘s Ramona Singer opened up to HollywoodLife.com about what X-mas is like with her, her husband Mario and daughter Avery in their Southampton, NY home! From lots of Pinot Grigio to decorating her 12 foot Christmas tree, this is Ramona’s Christmas!
- Reuses Christmas decorations every year: “When I was pregnant with Avery, my husband and I were on Madison Avenue and there’s this gorgeous store and it was right after Christmas so everything was 50% off. The ornaments are really pretty, all gold and burgundies. I spent like $500 and I still use those same decorations today.”
- Angel V. Star on top of Christmas tree: “We have both a star and an angel, but my daughter wanted the angel this year.”
- More Christmas decorations: “I have two wreaths on my front double-door, large poinsettias in front of the fire place, and then draped over the mantel, I have a garland. And I have Santa Clauses, and pine needles and gold balls to decorate with.”
- Christmas is all about the lights! “We put lights outside on four of our trees in greens and blues.”
- Santa’s cookies: “I like making butter cookies. It takes a lot of time and effort, but my daughter has these memories and we’ve been doing it since she was two years old. I roll them out and everyone can decorate them.”
- Christmas Eve traditional meal: “On Christmas Eve, it’s traditional for my family that we always have fried shrimp. My father actually requested me to make it on his last Christmas with me. They must weigh like half a pound each, and you butterfly and fry them.”
- Christmas breakfast tradition: Italian Panettone
- Christmas Day dinner: “I always make fillet Mignon and a wild rice with chopped walnuts or pecans and raisins. We have a formal dinner. I have a dining room table that fits 12-14 people. One year I actually brought in two tables and had dinner for 24 people.”
- Church first, then presents! “Avery is so good. A lot of kids, from the time they’re little, try to rip open the presents. She has good willpower. We taught her: we go to church first and then we open them. Now, I let her open one present the night before.”
- Favorite Christmas song & album: “White Christmas” and Gloria Estefan‘s Christmas Through Your Eyes
- Ramona’s Christmas tree this year: A 12 ft. Frazier that Ramona decorated with white lights and her gold and burgundy ornaments.