Stars like Dana Delany of Desperate Housewives and Lisa Rinna got face changing procedures to make themselves more beautiful, but came out from surgery more messed up than before! Now they are speaking out about it!
From Tara Reid’s infamous tummy-tuck gone awry to Meg Ryan’s unmoving and fake-looking new face, plastic surgery nightmares have become a dime a dozen among starlets — and Dana Delany and Lisa Rinna are the latest victims to join the roster of Hollywood’s botched body parts. So sad!
Dana, 54, recently opened up about the botox trip from hell that left her face permanently damaged.
“[The doctor] injected my forehead, hit a nerve, and created a huge hematoma,” the Desperate Housewives actress told Prevention Magazine. “The nerve has been dead ever since. It affected the muscle in my right eye, so my eye has started to droop a little bit.”
Meanwhile, Lisa Rinna’s giant pumped lips have been a topic of conversation since the late 80s when she first started getting injections. This summer the 47-year-old former soap opera star became sick and tired of the negative attention from her overly-plump smackers, so she went under the knife for lip reduction surgery admitting they were not injections, “I do not blow up and down my lips, I had silicone put in my top lip, not the bottom lip.”
“My lips started to define who I am,” Lisa, 47, told People. “That bothered me. It doesn’t matter what other people think. I did it for myself.”
Now, she says her lips are “smooth,” lump-free and almost back to their original state — even though it will take at least six months for them to completely heal.
Lisa and Dana are not the only stars in Hollywood who’ve suffered the consequences of plastic surgery or excessive body work gone wrong. Check out this long list of other starlets who’ve accidentally botched their body parts:
- Madonna, 52, has worked so hard on toning her arms and sculpting her body to stay young, that her veins have begun to pop out. Gross! Her overly-intense workouts have been known to include yoga in the morning, a bike ride to pilates, weight-lifting after lunch and other cardiovascular activities like swimming and martial arts.
- Sarah Jessica Parker, 45, is also a victim of too much working out! She claims her super-skinny (and now, veiny) body is due to genetics, but has been known to follow a strict South Beach diet and rigorous workout schedule.
- Meg Ryan, 48, looks like a completely different person compared to when she was in her 20s and 30s! In addition to having her lips pumped, there is speculation that she had cheek implants, a forehead lift AND a neck lift. Since changing her entire face, Meg’s career has bombed.
- Ashley Tisdale, 25, has talked openly about getting a nose job in 2007 because of a deviated septum. However, critics say the Disney starlet made the wrong choice and changed her face for the worse!
- Kate Gosselin, 35, had a tummy tuck in 2008 after giving birth to sextuplets. Although her stomach looks way better now than it did after the kids, the reality star’s belly button looks misplaced.
- Tara Reid, 34, is more famous now for her botched plastic surgery than for her work as an actress! First, Tara had botched liposuction on her stomach. Then, in 2005, the actress suffered from lopsided implants. She later came clean about the incidents and explained how she got a new doctor who helped fix her.
- Jwoww, 23, got new boobs that were too big and too hard — so she had to get them redone! “I think a couple of my girlfriends were getting them. I think I wanted a new type of me when I moved to New York,” The Jersey Shore star has said. “It was like a present for myself when I was turning 21.”
- Jennifer Grey, 50, famously got a nose job that completely changed her face. The Dancing with the Stars contestant has talked openly about the surgery, saying, “I went in the operating room a celebrity — and came out anonymous. It was like being in a witness protection program or being invisible.” Jennifer became a star in the 1987 classic Dirty Dancing, but misguidedly got the nose job that took away her uniqueness and essentially KILLED her career.
- Kim Kardashian, 29, suffered bruising after getting botox on reality TV, but later wrote on her blog that it was a common side effect. “In no way was [my surgeon] at fault,” she wrote.
- Danielle Staub, 48, went under the knife for her fourth boob job on her show, The Real Housewives of New Jersey, because her old breasts had become deformed. “She was very upset with her breasts,” her doctor, Michael Fiorillo, told, Us Weekly. “Scar tissue formed around the breast implant and that makes the implants hard, cold and deformed…the right one was almost up by her neck!”
- Heidi Montag, 24, famously had 10 plastic surgeries to change her entire body in November 2009, and suffered for months because of it. “I almost died after my procedure,” Heidi said on Access Hollywood. “I had too much Demerol like Michael Jackson did and my breathing was five breaths per minute which is like almost dead. [I was] in an aftercare center, there were nurses that were supposed to be tending to me at all times.”
In fact, Heidi had so many surgeries, she could hardly move her face. “I’m starting to move my face more and more,” she said in January. “[But,] I feel very plastic … especially when I first came out, it was so hard for me even to smile and it’s still hard for me to chew sometimes. But it’s feeling more and more natural everyday because the swelling is going down.”