Good thing tattoos can be burned off! Some of Hollywood’s biggest names, including Rihanna and Britney Spears, have totally botched their own tats!
Poor Rihanna! She stopped by EastSide Ink on Aug. 11 to get the phrase “rebellious flower” tattooed in French on her neck, but we bet she’s already regretting her decision — the phrase was tattooed backwards! What exactly is a “flower rebel?” And this isn’t even the first time this has happened to her! Back in 2009, Rihanna had the word “forgiveness” incorrectly spelled out in Sanskrit on her right side. But she’s not the only celeb who’s had the misfortune of getting a misspelled (and often mis-translated) tattoo! Some pretty big Hollywood names, including Britney Spears and David Beckham, are already members of the club.
Here’s our list of the eight worst celebrity tattoo mistakes:
- Hayden Panettiere decided back in 2009 that she wanted to get the saying “live without regret” in Italian on her side. But when she went and got the words “Vivere Senza Rimipiati” tattooed, she ended up with one i too many! Hayden admits: “It’s misspelled, whatever. I just put my own spin to it. Chances are I’ll probably get it fixed, but that’s why I love having it on my back because I don’t get bored of it.”
- Rihanna has gotten TWO jacked-up tattoos! On Aug. 11 she got “rebelle fleur,” in French tattooed on her neck but she put the adjective before the noun which made it flower rebel?! In 2009, the word “forgiveness” was misspelled in Sanskrit on her side!
- Britney Spears is also a repeat offender! She got a tattoo on her hip that was supposed to say “mysterious,” but it ended up saying “strange.” She then got a Kabbalah-inspired symbol on the back of her neck which was supposed to say “God,” but that one was misspelled too! She has since gotten it removed.
- Justin Timberlake got tatted up with fake ink for his movie Alpha Dog in 2006. He was supposed to play a hardcore drug dealer — so why did they put the Chinese character for “ice skating” on his left bicep?
- In 2000, David Beckham had wife Victoria Beckham‘s name mispelled in Sanskrit on his arm! It ended up saying: “Vihctoria.” Ouch!
- And who could forget when Jon Gosselin decided to get a massive Korean dragon tattooed on his back? He got his new girlfriend’s name, Ellen Ross, tattooed on one of the scrolls — but it turns out her name was spelled “Erin” instead of “Ellen!”