Posted Mon, June 24, 2013 10:27am EDT

Paula Deen — PICS

Red

Posted at 6:30 PM on June 30, 2013

You know what I’m tired of all this stuff it’s ok for a black person to say the N word but not ok if a white person or any other race to say it.. Man o man let someone other then a black person say the word then it’s a whole problem then why don’t black people stop saying the word then to but o no they never will… I’m also tired all these news people talk show host acting like they have never use the word before there just trying to cover themselves because they see what sees going through…. Just cause she said the N word don’t make her racist and cause she wanted a plantation style wedding so what she from the south… So people need to just drop the all thing just one way to bring Paula down…. I still love Paula saying the word or not…..

Parrot Head

Posted at 11:51 PM on June 28, 2013

Personally I would wonder exactly which powerful man, or men, she pissed off. Perhaps she was getting too big in our wonderful world of men and had to be taken down a notch, in their eyes. This has happened too quick and spread too fast to be just over a phrase that I’m sure the “Good Ole Boys Club” use. There’s something rotten in the State of Denmark my friends!

mwalker

Posted at 11:20 AM on June 27, 2013

I loved Paula Deen show on Food Network watched it everyday but I defy anyone who uses that word.I don’t care if it was 30years ago or today its still distasteful Paula and if you knew the meaning of the word you will be describing yourself so stop with the fake tears.I’m a big fan of Food Network,I will continue watching the show with or without Paula Deen.

ymelord

Posted at 8:41 PM on June 26, 2013

Sorry yall but she is just another souther bigget
she needs to crawl back to the trailer park she came out of ….if you have a DUI 30 YEARS ago…
It will still show in your records Today….
Yall need to spend time in the south to understand this…..it is no cute….till it happends to you.

snaron

Posted at 10:46 AM on June 26, 2013

Although I am not a big fan of Paula Dean, I feel that what has happened to her is very unfair. Her comment using the “N” word was made years ago, and we’ve and said things we wish we had ‘t and can’t call back.

anabellewhitepaws

Posted at 10:50 AM on June 26, 2013

Ask yourself… how long ago was it she made her employees portray slaves at an event?

Sue

Posted at 5:55 PM on June 26, 2013

NEVER

Ms.Dee

Posted at 8:56 AM on June 26, 2013

I just watch the interview between Matt Laer and Paula. I feel Paula put on a sorry shoe. Not one tear roll down her fave. Paul is the obe who told the world that she use the N word. Paula is worried thst a person saw what she have and want it. Thats not what the case is about. Its the way she act and distespected ths woman that is suing her and her brother. Certain things need nog to be said no matter who you are. Paula is a RED NECK. Save the tears for someone else. Paula put on a sad SHOW.Paul was not real. Matt ask her a question, she didnot give a direct answer.

j George

Posted at 12:39 PM on June 26, 2013

Sorry Miss Dee, but it must be said…….who has the right to judge this person, or anyone for that matter? Not you, me, or the next guy. I can’t say what Paula Deen is really thinking or going through (and you don’t know either), but it sure does seem to be a bit of a witch hunt that we’re all witnessing here.
30 years ago was a long time ago , and I know I’d said and done things 30 years ago (as an 18 year old), that I would never say or do now (as a 48 year old wife, mother and grandmother).
Paula Deen apologized for using a word she used during a very heated moment 30 years ago, and I feel people should move on, and focus on themselves.
(BTW, I hear MANY african american folks use the same N word often! Why is that right? Doesn’t that send the message that the N word is just another slang word to use?)

Last…….Miss Dee, you may want to proof read next time you post. Should I plant a label on you simply because your spelling was less than desirable…? No, I shouldn’t. And I don’t think you’re just in calling Paula Deen a “RED NECK”…… just saying.

Barbarella

Posted at 4:33 PM on June 26, 2013

Isn’t that kind of the same thing as calling someone a “N”?

Tammy

Posted at 4:40 PM on June 26, 2013

I am so sick of this racist stuff. Really when are we ever going to get past this? America should fire the media! My family and I recently had the privilege of meeting Paula and eating at her restaurant in Savannah. She is truly a gracious lady along with her gracious restaurant staff.

jennifertemp

Posted at 8:39 AM on June 26, 2013

The food network says we don’t matter – only the sponsers have any influence – what an insult! Shows how little they care about the viewers. Poor choice to fire Paul.

anabellewhitepaws

Posted at 10:51 AM on June 26, 2013

Ummm… I’m a viewer and I am satisfied they canned her.

Candy

Posted at 6:37 PM on June 28, 2013

Amen it is what it is a wolf dress in sheep clothing and if anyone out there feel that they don’t wants to watch the food network don’t watch it to each it own. I wonder did she raise
.her sons to be like her?

John

Posted at 10:24 PM on July 19, 2013

I’m a viewer and I don’t mind they didn’t renew her contract.

JOY DEAN

Posted at 12:24 PM on June 24, 2013

I AM DISGUSTED WITH THE FOOD NETWORK. EVERYONE AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER, BLACK OR WHITE, MEXICAN, ITALIAN, ETC. HAS MADE A RACIAL COMMENT. EVERYONE LOVES PAULA’S SHOW EVEN IF WE SOMETIMES THINK SHE IS A LITTLE CRUDE. WE RECENTLY MADE A TRIP TO SAVANNAH TO EAT AT THE LADY AND SONS AND SEE THE CITY BECAUSE OF PAULA TELLING HOW GREAT SAVANNAH IS. THE FOOD WAS GREAT AS WAS THE CITY. I HOPE WE HOPE THE FOOD NETWORK FALLS FLAT!!!!! WE WON’T BE WATCHING THIS CHANNEL UNTIL PAULA IS BACK AND WILL ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO DO THE SAME.

Susan Trevethan

Posted at 3:13 PM on June 24, 2013

I am 67 years old, an active registered nurse and nutrition educator. I applaud Paula Dean for changing her recipes to reduce ingredients that contribute to elevated blood sugar. It is sad to see how this has been handled. I Personally will no longer watch the food network and I will ask everyone I know to consider not watching any of the programs.