With the 83rd Academy Award nominations set to be announced bright and early Jan. 25, take a look at who we think may clean-up!
It is that time once again — Oscar nominations are almost out! This award season has seen much love for The Social Network, Natalie Portman in Black Swan and Colin Firth‘s performance in The King’s Speech, but there are a few more actors and films that may sneak in at the Oscars!
The Academy Award ballot is ranked, meaning though some performances or films don’t get as many votes they can still win based on more 1 or 2 rankings. This should almost surely bode well for Blue Valentine performers Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams, and, in what would be the biggest surprise of the morning, the film as well we think.
Also benefiting from this we think will be John Hawkes, snagging Mark Ruffalo‘s spot in supporting actor, and Jacki Weaver, who will do the same to Mila Kunis based on her amazing performance in Animal Kingdom.
Check out are predictions in the big five categories below!
- Jeff Bridges, True Grit
- Jesse Eisenberg, The Social Network
- Colin Firth, The King’s Speech
- James Franco, 127 Hours
- Ryan Gosling, Blue Valentine
- Annette Bening, The Kids Are All Right
- Nicole Kidman, Rabbit Hole
- Jennifer Lawrence, Winter’s Bone
- Natalie Portman, Black Swan
- Michelle Williams, Blue Valentine
Best Supporting Actor
- Christian Bale, The Fighter
- Andrew Garfield, The Social Network
- John Hawkes, Winter’s Bone
- Jeremy Renner, The Town
- Geoffrey Rush, The King’s Speech
Best Supporting Actress
- Amy Adams, The Fighter
- Helena Bonham Carter, The King’s Speech
- Melissa Leo, The Fighter
- Hailee Steinfeld, True Grit
- Jacki Weaver, Animal Kingdom
- Black Swan
- Blue Valentine
- The Fighter
- The Kid’s Are All Right
- The King’s Speech
- Toy Story 3
- True Grit
- The Social Network
- Winter’s Bone
What do you think HollywoodLifers?