James Franco and Anne Hathaway were panned by critics for their performance at Oscar hosts. Who could have done a better job? You decide!
Many of you agreed with critics that James Franco fell flat as an Oscar host alongside Anne Hathaway, so we at HollywoodLife.com came up with a list of celebrities who should have hosted Hollywood’s biggest night instead.
Although we love James Franco and Anne Hathaway, the Academy could have hired people who are just as beloved by America and would have been charming on the Oscar stage. Here are our top five choices:
- Russell Brand & Helen Mirren - Russell hosted the VMAs two years in a row and is witty no matter the circumstances. We can’t wait to Russell when he pairs up with Helen in the upcoming movie, Arthur.
- Robert Pattinson & Kirsten Stewart - Rob and Kirsten are two of our favorite stars. This adorable duo would be sure to make the Twi-hards go crazy. And who knows they might even get Taylor Lautner to make a guest appearance.
- Hugh Jackman - He already hosted the Oscars once in 2009 and keep us laughing the entire night. There may be a reason why Anne Hathaway keep mentioning him through the telecast last night. After all, who can resist Wolverine?
- James Franco’s Grandma - While her grandson may have fell short as an Oscar host, James Franco’s Grandma’s cameo during the Oscars was enough to make us a fan. We want to see more of her soon!
- Billy Crystal – He is the quintessential Oscar host. He has hosted eight times. He is a song and dance man that we just can’t get enough of … what more do we need to say?
Hollywoodlifers – who could have done a better job hosting the Oscars?