The Feb. 26 event ended up being a great preview of the Oscars as all five leading ladies nominated for an Academy Award were nominated for a Independent Spirit Award!
It was a dress rehearsal for the Academy Awards Feb. 26 as a majority of the Oscar nominees headed to the beach in Santa Monica for the Independent Spirit Awards. From a stunning Jennifer Lawrence in Dolce & Gabbana and Mia Wasikowska in a glam Rodarte for Opening Ceremony to Nicole Kidman in a riveting red L’Wren Scott and Natalie Portman in a canary colored Givenchy!
Take a look at the gallery above and let us know who you think was best dressed!
Here’s who won:
- Best Feature: Black Swan
- Best Director: Darren Aronofsky, Black Swan
- Best Screenplay: Stuart Blumberg & Lisa Cholodenko, The Kids Are All Right
- Best Male Lead: James Franco, 127 Hours
- Best Supporting Male: John Hawkes, Winter’s Bone
- Best Female Lead: Natalie Portman, Black Swan
- Best Supporting Female: Dale Dickey, Winter’s Bone
- Best Cinematography: Matthew Libatique, Black Swan
- Robert Altman Award: Please Give
- Best First Screenplay: Lena Dunham, Tiny Furniture
- Best First Feature: Get Low
- Best Documentary: Exit Through The Gift Shop
- Best Foreign Film: The King’s Speech
- John Cassavetes Award: Daddy Longlegs
- Piaget Producers Award: Anish Savjani, Meek’s Cutoff
- Someone To Watch Award: Mike Ott, Littlerock
- Truer Than Fiction Award: Jeff Maimberg, Marwencol