Look what fame and a whole lot of hair and makeup (and exercise!) did to these former Idol contestants!
Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson, Katharine McPhee – they’re household names now but think back just a few years to before these mega stars were pulled out of small town obscurity and thrust into the limelight. Before they were styled, primped, plucked, dyed, and dieted, all of these former Idol contestants were just regular, unfortunately dressed, horrendous hair wearing people. We couldn’t even believe our eyes when we saw some of these before and afters. The transformations are amazing and truly momentous!
- Jennifer Hudson not only snagged an Oscar for her scene stealing performance in Dreamgirls but she also picked up a slimmer bod, a fierce wardrobe, and killer hair and makeup along the way!
- Wow, it’s hard to believe that Kelly Clarkson looked that bad before selling millions of albums. Thank god she ditched the heinous streaks and embraced her naturally pretty hue.
- Katharine McPhee went from ho-hum to hot-damn. I almost didn’t even believe that that was her in those outdated jeans and no makeup.
- Jordin Sparks is all grown up now! She’s ditched her teenage style and transformed into a sexy-haired, hot clothes wearing woman.
- Kellie Pickler is a country cutie and couldn’t look more different! She ditched her long blonde locks for some serious red hair and way more fashionable duds.
- Adam Lambert went from a wannabe to a total rock star! His flawless makeup, killer getups, and onstage antics have truly earned him the nickname ‘Glambert.’
- Kimberly Locke famously lost 40 pounds on Celebrity Fit Club and even landed a Jenny Craig endorsement deal. Her hard work paid off – she looks fantastic!
- Taylor Hicks went from dowdy dad jeans to sleek and handsome. The American Idol slimmed down and got a stylist to throw out those dorky duds!
- Carrie Underwood looks gorgeous now. But, we wonder, would her fiance Mike Fisher have proposed to her pre-Idol self? The country cutie has slimmed down significantly and ditched her unflattering hair and wardrobe.
- Clay Aiken was an unlikely geeky hero of Idol. Thankfully, he stepped things up and ditched the dweeb look for a slightly cooler vibe. - Marta Topran