Posted Mon, March 7, 2011 1:18pm EDT

Megan Fox Is ‘Far From’ Anorexic & Actually Struggles To Gain Weight, Says Trainer

Posted Mon, March 7, 2011 1:18pm EDT

Megan Fox’s fitness trainer Harley Pasternak reveals the actress’s frustrations with gaining weight in an exclusive interview

Megan Fox has been looking particularly thin lately, and 81% of you voted you were worried about how tiny she is getting. But her trainer Harley Pasternak assures HollywoodLife.com the actress eats a lot and explains why she’s so skinny.

“Do I worry about Megan getting too skinny? Yeah!” exclaims Harley, who trains Megan and other celebrities like Robert Pattinson, Katy Perry and Amanda Seyfried.

“Believe it or not she has this really fast metabolism,” explains Harley. “So her training is all about body toning and sculpting. With her its really about she’s eating enough of the right things. People thought ‘Oh she must be anorexic’ but she’s far from that!”

In fact, Harley reveals, Megan gets very upset when she hears people think she has an eating disorder, especially since she struggles to gain weight. “She gets frustrated at times because she’s like ‘I need to put on weight.’ So she actually weight-trains to keep on that lean muscle tissue.”

The 5 factor fitness trainer went on to explain the kind of training he does with Megan to make her stomach toned and muscular. “The key to Megan’s abs is first of all genetics,” Harley says. “The second is that we train her abs on all three planes. It’s not just about crunch, crunch, crunch. It’s about working her body up and down and side to side and rotation. We train all three of her rectus abdominis, her obliques and her corset muscle to make sure that her abs are not just tight and strong but small. The corset pulls it all in.”

So what do you guys think? Do you feel sorry for Megan now that you know she has such a tough time putting on weight?

Lorena O’Neil

Follow Lorena on Twitter: @lorenaoneil

Click here to read what Harley had to say about Rob Pattinson!

Click here to vote whether Megan Fox or Kim Kardashian is sexier

Click here to see Megan Fox in her hot new Armani campaign

Lana

Posted at 3:44 AM on March 8, 2011

Oh please stop it with the yapping! Why jealous? Meagan looks great! Why are you blaming her with whats going on with your life, if you don’t want your girlfriend to think that she has to lose weight like Meagan just to look good for you, than tell her to stop trying to be like Meagan cause she is far more beautiful then she is. She has a life too so deal with it. Attention is hard to find, right?!? LoL!I guess that is your intention to bring her down like that. MEagan! I personally think you look fabulous. Don’t mind what people say about you cause that will only make you more stronger and successful. Do your own thing and you will do great. Trust.

MJ

Posted at 3:55 AM on March 8, 2011

Kissing ass won’t make you pretty.

Danea

Posted at 2:48 AM on March 8, 2011

I think she looks beautiful. It’s really easy to eat horribly unhealthy foods, ruin your body and gain weight in a very unattractive way, as some suggest here she should eat loads of junk food to get fat. Loads of junk food decimates your tissues, it is no healthier than starving yourself. I know plenty of women like her, who are very thin but it’s all because of their metabolism and they do eat junk food. In fact I was like her when I was younger, 5’8” and 125 lbs. and I did not like it. I was not a fan of seeing all my bones through my skin and it was so hard to gain 10 pounds. What’s irksome is the attitude that women who are not size 16 are bitches who starve themselves and are somehow not real women. There is nothing healthy or attractive about being obese and our society is so damn pathetic for trying to create that attitude rather than collectively losing weight and no longer being a country where 2/3 of the population is out of the healthy weight range.

Jillian

Posted at 12:36 AM on March 8, 2011

ew. hot face. gross body.

Melissa Jane

Posted at 11:21 PM on March 7, 2011

Lord, if there were such a thing as a fat transfer, I could hook this bitch up!

sparky

Posted at 10:40 PM on March 7, 2011

struggles to keep weight on?
EAT A CHEESEBURGER. OR A PROTEIN SHAKE. it’s not rocket science.

Jes

Posted at 12:05 AM on March 8, 2011

Actually it’s much harder to gain weight in a heathy than it is to lose weight in a heathy way. Especially if you have a fast metabolism working against you.

Don’t be so naive. And to say “it’s not rocket science” is ridiculous considering it IS a science.

dude

Posted at 2:36 AM on March 8, 2011

Many people have this problem. you just never hear about it. I’ve tried to gain weight for years. I can eat anything i want and still i either stay the same weight or lose weight. the only way i’ve been successful at packing pounds is excessive beer drinking… and all that did was give me a beer gut. once i stopped drinking beer i lost 20 lbs in 2 months. no exercise. so i completely understand her. you fatties are just jealous. it’s genetics… deal with it.

ellis

Posted at 10:25 PM on March 7, 2011

she doesn’t look too skinny or anorexic. her bones aren’t protruding. she has great curves.

Janis

Posted at 9:21 PM on March 7, 2011

Nothing works like the Meth diet.

Janis

Posted at 9:18 PM on March 7, 2011

One word: Meth.

Janis

Posted at 9:17 PM on March 7, 2011

I guess she was little miss goody two shoes in schools, she doesn’t appear to be too bright.

kapinski

Posted at 9:14 PM on March 7, 2011

She has always been a little chubby.

chum

Posted at 9:05 PM on March 7, 2011

Maybe she should stop by KFC or McDonald’s. Just saying

Heather

Posted at 8:48 PM on March 7, 2011

Maybe she has a tapeworm

J Dew

Posted at 7:21 PM on March 7, 2011

Love the bod. Hate the ink.

Brooks

Posted at 7:01 PM on March 7, 2011

She’s not unhealthy looking. She’s got some soft layer of fat; otherwise she wouldn’t have such soft curves in hips,etc.

lynn

Posted at 5:56 PM on March 7, 2011

Drugs will do that to you.

emm

Posted at 5:31 PM on March 7, 2011

are you serious? there was just an article out not too long ago that said megan fox eats only one meal a day and nothing else. i don’t believe it.

B

Posted at 4:38 PM on March 7, 2011

She knows she’s too thin and probably does struggle to gain weight. That is what an eating disorder is about sometimes. She wants to gain but can’t make herself eat enough.
Her trainer is an asshole and should not be working her if she doesn’t have any body fat.
Such horseshit!

wer

Posted at 3:43 PM on March 7, 2011

FIRE THE TRAINER!

Angel

Posted at 3:25 PM on March 7, 2011

I thought Megan Fox looked sooo sexxy in TF2 and Jennifers body buht damm.!!! she just needs to gain some weight.!

Shaft

Posted at 3:03 PM on March 7, 2011

The girl is anorexic looking and this new armani thing she looks beyond unhealthy I mean I’m light headed just looking at her. When she was in TF2 she was just perfect but now you look at her; her cheeks have sunken in aging her significantly, she has no breasts and in these shots they look saggy the way an anorexics breast do. After I saw her at the awards I actually cringed and felt nauseated. Her hair is getting thinner and thinner, her eye lashes are nonexistent her eye brows are practically screaming HELP US. Not to mention the GOD AWFUL ribcage in plain view and lack of any butt. It’s like looking at a starving African. I don’t particularly find her tattoos at all attractive she’s just such a disaster and her own enemy.

I don’t think Armani made a wise decision hiring her. He used to have such goddesses but now he’s resorted to this and I just don’t understand why. I’m voting for a ‘take Megan Fox off Armani’.

Unless she gains a good 30 pounds I DO NOT want my girl thinking a Megan Fox body is what I want when she sees Megan on a poster. Just HELL no.

Hell I can suggest a chick a billion times more attractive and fit int all the right area right now: Julia Voth. But yeah Megan Fox has got to go.

you'reafatso

Posted at 10:50 PM on March 7, 2011

I’m guessing you’re resentful and chubby.

Lori

Posted at 3:01 PM on March 7, 2011

Dude, if Megan Fox is still that skinny when she’s 40, I’ll eat a bug.

lIZ

Posted at 2:49 PM on March 7, 2011

Look, I’m 5’3 and 95 pounds and I’m not anorexic. Some of us just have a fast metabolism.

Michelle

Posted at 3:16 PM on March 7, 2011

If your still that skinny at age 40, I will eat 2 bugs :)

Angela

Posted at 3:38 PM on March 7, 2011

I am a 44 year old mother of 3 and I AM that skinny. Not on purpose. I just have a very high metabolism. I eat all the time and run around behind 3 teenagers.

Beck

Posted at 8:57 AM on March 8, 2011

Amen, Angela. I’m 37 and barely weigh 100 pounds. Not too many of us get any support for our weight gain struggle.

Bloody

Posted at 2:46 PM on March 7, 2011

I don’t think she’s too thin. She looks good.

I love the USA, just saying...

Posted at 3:45 PM on March 7, 2011

I agree, I don’t think she looks too thin in these photos either. I think our society is so used to seeing larger people that we forget some are very thin by nature as well. In Europe she wouldn’t get a second look for her body weight.

Guest

Posted at 2:37 PM on March 7, 2011

She didn’t appear to be this thin in Hope and Faith… I find it hard to believe she was this thin then or had trouble “gaining” weight!

disco

Posted at 1:30 PM on March 7, 2011

And this makes us feel better how?

dina

Posted at 5:21 PM on March 7, 2011

You must be one of “those” women who constantly need overweight women complaining about their weight loose struggles to make you feel good about yourself. Jealous much? I think Megan looks fine.