Posted Thu, September 9, 2010 3:17pm EDT

KIRSTIN SAYS: Not Only Is Charice ‘The Most Talented Girl In The World,’ She’s Also The Shyest!

Posted Thu, September 9, 2010 3:17pm EDT

At Tuesday night’s Glee premiere and afterparty, the 18-year-old singer spent most of the night with her family and close friends – and seemed nervous around everyone else!

I know how much you all love Charice, and after hearing hear rendition of “Listen” from Dreamgirls at the Glee premiere Sept. 7, I’m right there with you! That said, given how popular the 18-year-old international superstar is, I was surprised by how shy and quiet she is for a girl with such a huge voice!

As we walked onto the Paramount Studios lawn for the premiere afterparty, guests clamored to chat with the show’s stars. Even though she was deemed “the most talented girl in the world” by Oprah, Charice seemed unsure of herself and super shy, sticking close to her family and friends for most of the party.

But despite her shyness, Charice was the most approachable celebrity there. When I approached her for a photo she cheerfully agreed, “Of course!” and even waited while we got the camera to work. TOTALLY not a diva!

“You barely come up to my chin!” I said, bending down to be closer to this little 4’11” peanut. She laughed and nodded her head. When my group and I told the pint-sized Filipina actress she was a standout in the premiere episode, she flashed a big smile and said, “Thank you so much!” appreciatively.

Charice continued to wave and smile at us for the rest of the night — as though SHE was the one who was honored to meet us, notthe other way around.

I loved meeting (and supporting) this incredibly talented and down-to-earth celebrity. But now I have one request: Charice, please stay humble…it’s really so refreshing to meet someone without attitude in Hollywood!

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

notsofamous

Posted at 7:44 PM on September 11, 2010

I can’t wait to watch Charice on GLEE….Stay as sweet as you are..

Guest

Posted at 5:48 PM on September 11, 2010

Love her!

Jayxz

Posted at 5:47 PM on September 11, 2010

She’s truly a gift of god …^.^ you go girl…stay humble…you’re beautiful….dont listen to haters…. they’re jealous…. >.< ….good luck….kissss

Hottie01

Posted at 5:45 PM on September 11, 2010

╔♫═╗╔╗ ♥
╚╗╔╝║║♫═╦╦╦╔╗
╔╝╚╗♫╚╣║║║║╔╣ CHARICE
╚═♫╝╚═╩═╩♫╩═╝♫

ChaGLEEK

Posted at 5:44 PM on September 11, 2010

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´ CHARICE
¸.•´¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´¸¸.•¨¯`•

:Dmee

Posted at 5:44 PM on September 11, 2010

So happy for her, she deserved it

Team CHARICE

Posted at 5:43 PM on September 11, 2010

love you girl

Team Sunshine

Posted at 5:40 PM on September 11, 2010

Charice is indeed the best singer of the new generation.

Anna♥Cierra

Posted at 5:13 PM on September 11, 2010

Freaking love ths chika! Plz don’t turn into a Britney , Miley, or Lindsay!

DvLism

Posted at 2:28 PM on September 11, 2010

the best singer in the world!!! go charice!!!

ChariceFAN!

Posted at 2:22 PM on September 11, 2010

Charice is such a powerhouse! she’s so amazing and i can NOT wait for glee

Jianee

Posted at 1:51 PM on September 11, 2010

I don’t care if she’s shy, diva or not. She’s just soooooooooooooooo cute !!! I wanna pinch her pudgy cheeks!!!

ana julia

Posted at 12:48 PM on September 11, 2010

hey please follow me? my twitter~~> @JBiebs5world
thank you! I’m from brazil!

Sapphireblue95

Posted at 6:49 AM on September 11, 2010

Thanks Kirstin for posting this article about Charice,Its so very true that Charice is beautiful inside-out…I have meet her thrice during her liver shows..I am blown away by her talent and I am inspired by her good heart and personality..She is so humble yet confident on stage..If you have seen her more especially on Youtube videos posted by herself&other fans and met her in person, you will notice that she also has a great sense of humor…I love her and its nice to see her as a “refreshing” model to the young as well as adults of today’s generation. I’m thrilled that she is now a GLeek

ChariceFAN!

Posted at 2:24 PM on September 11, 2010

:D

ChariceFAN!

Posted at 2:24 PM on September 11, 2010

:DD

Sapphireblue95

Posted at 6:49 AM on September 11, 2010

thanks Kirstin…I love charice too!

Sapphireblue95

Posted at 6:45 AM on September 11, 2010

Thanks Kirstin for posting this article about Charice….Its so very true that Charice is beautiful inside-out…I have meet her thrice during her liver shows..I am blown away by her talent and I am inspired by her good heart and personality..She is so humble yet confident on stage..If you have seen her more especially on Youtube videos posted by herself&other fans and met her in person, you will notice that she also has a great sense of humor…I love her and its nice to see her as a “refreshing” model to the young as well as adults of today’s generation. I’m thrilled that she is now a GLeek

guest

Posted at 6:36 AM on September 11, 2010

She is NOT the most talented girl in the world

justcharrie

Posted at 12:41 PM on September 11, 2010

then tell us WHO?

ChariceFAN!

Posted at 2:23 PM on September 11, 2010

yeah right

carvin

Posted at 3:24 PM on September 11, 2010

yeah i agree with you because she is no longer a girl she is a young lady, the most talented young lady in the world. beat that!

Cynthia

Posted at 5:52 PM on September 11, 2010

notice the quotation marks, smartass…Oprah said it and of course, it’s her opinion…and the opinion of many folks here.

But please do tell us who YOU think is THE most talented girl in the world…links?

sghdfhg

Posted at 6:14 AM on September 11, 2010

LOL… Se-ar-ch “,====my discount bag====Google to see LV Get High quality luxury bags, you will find that’s your love.As l- v- ,ch-an-el,He-r-m-es,etc

cyclone

Posted at 6:09 AM on September 11, 2010

I loved meeting (and supporting) this incredibly talented and down-to-earth celebrity. But now I have one request: Charice, please stay humble…it’s really so refreshing to meet someone without attitude in Hollywood! <<— THIS :))

bette

Posted at 5:53 AM on September 11, 2010

Her fans love her because she never do harm to anyone. And she tries very, very hard to make them feel happy and entertained.

heather

Posted at 12:07 AM on September 11, 2010

Everyone here loves Charice. Anyone trying to say otherwise is a TROLL.

jenny

Posted at 8:16 PM on September 10, 2010

i had wonderful time reading the article and comments. glad to know charice is really nice in person. my admiration and respect for her went double after reading this. thank you kirstin for sharing your experience with us.

Gossip hurts

Posted at 8:06 PM on September 10, 2010

People have haters because of gossip site like this.

Laughable

Posted at 7:58 PM on September 10, 2010

unnecessary digs again. this site is showing its true colors and they are sad and pathetic.

i was hoping to see a nice story and you had to ruin it and get petty.

heather

Posted at 12:04 AM on September 11, 2010

Who got petty? I thought it was a great story and so complimentary to Charice. Weird that you think otherwise.

justcharrie

Posted at 12:43 PM on September 11, 2010

I wonder what kind of story is a “nice story” for you.

Anj

Posted at 7:21 PM on September 10, 2010

Charice used to have an account on a certain social networking site for her to keep in touch with most of the fans she knows best. She really logged in everyday and talked to us! She knew us by username, by real name, by face– when you met her at her live shows she’d know who you are before you even introduce yourself! OMG! She said she didn’t want to be treated special just because she’s a celebrity, but she just wants to be one of our friends. Awesome girl, is she not?! I love how humble she is, that’s one of the reasons why I not only admire her as a singer but as a person as well.