Lindsay’s stay in jail has decreased from three months to two weeks!
UPDATE: Because of over-crowding in the Los Angeles jails, Lindsay Lohan will only have to serve 14 days of her 90-day sentence at the Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood, Calif., according to a Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department booking document. Talk about getting off easy!
Lindsay Lohan has finally begun her 90-day jail sentence at the Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood, Calif. and already the experience has taken a noticeable toll on the 24-year-old starlet.
Wearing a grey shirt, black leather jacket, blue jeans, retro cat eye sunglasses and open-toed black heels, a scared-looking Lindsay arrived nearly 10 minutes late for her 8:30 a.m. court appearance at the Beverly Hills Municipal Court House.
Prior to showing up in court, Lindsay tried to make light of the situation, tweeting, “The only ‘bookings’ that I’m familiar with are Disney Films, never thought that I’d be ‘booking’ into Jail… eeeks.”
Although there was media confusion about whether or not famed defense attorney Robert Shapiro would be representing her in court, Lindsay’s original lawyer, Shawn Chapman Holley, defended her to notoriously tough Judge Marsha Revel.
“She is scared, as anyone would be, but she is resolute,” Holley said, explaining Lindsay had completed court-ordered alcohol education classes and come to terms with her 90- day jail sentence. “She asks for prayers and support…she has accepted responsibility.”
Somberly, Lindsay looked back at her mom, Dina, and younger sister, Ali, who had tears streaming down her face as her sister was handcuffed and escorted away.
Lindsay’s estranged father, Michael Lohan, called out, “We love you, Lindsay.”
Nearly an hour later, at 9:42 a.m., Lindsay arrived at the Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood, Calif. via a silver SUV — the same jail where Paris Hilton spent time in 2007.
Steve Whitmore, the LA County Sherriff’s Office spokesman, informed the dozens of paparazzi and media people gathered outside the jail that Lindsay had been “extremely cooperative” and was going through “triage”, where she would receive standard psychological and medical evaluations.
“The crowd out here is a little unusual,” Whitmore said. “But inside, it’s business as usual.”
However, according to jail employee Nancy Lozano, it WASN’T a typical day at CRDF. The 30-year-old worker told the LA Times the building had gone into lockdown and that she has been asked to leave early. She said they even made inmates skip their recreational time and lose restroom privileges. Guess Lindsay won’t be making many friends in the slammer!
Although Lindsay has been sentenced to 90 days at Lynwood, she’ll most likely only serve 25 days or less, due to over-crowding. Whitmore said the Sheriff’s Department is currently evaluating her case and could announce the length of her sentence as early as Tuesday.
To read everything about Lindsay Lohan’s journey to jail, check out the rest of HollywoodLife.com’s in-depth coverage:
- Lindsay’s officially behind bars! What do you think of her booking photo? I think she looks good!
- Exclusive confirmation! Robert Shapiro was never Lindsay’s lawyer
- What Lindsay’s new life will be like at the Lynwood correctional facility!
- Exclusive! Lindsay spends her last 24 hours before jail with family and close friends–and ditches the beauty routine!
- Exclusive! Michael Lohan says Lindsay’s new lawyer, Robert Shapiro SUCKS!
- Sorry Lindsay, your new lawyer says you’re going to jail!
- Lindsay checks into a sober living home! Will this keep her out of jail?
- Lindsay Lohan: ‘I will kill myself before I go to jail!’
- Experts say Lindsay should stay in jail! It’s worth a 1 million dollar interview
- Exclusive date details! Sam Ronson wipes away Lindsay’s tears at their reconciliation dinner
- Lindsay’s handwriting in court-what it says about her!
- Lindsay’s lawyer resigns, Insider says, ‘she’s looking for someone to blame!‘
- OMG! Lindsay calls Judge Revel a ‘F***king B**tch!’ What is wrong with her?
- Docs warn! Lindsay’s taking such dangerous drugs, she can overdose before she goes to jail!
- Wake up and smell the coffee! You’re spending 90 days in the clink!