Levi & Bristol are like a modern day Romeo & Juliet! They’re determined to be together, even though their families HATE each other!
It should come as no surprise that Sarah Palin isn’t 100 percent supportive of daughter Bristol Palin‘s decision to marry baby daddy Levi Johnston, considering how much mud-slinging Sarah and Levi have done to each other in the media. Over the past few years, they both appeared on talk shows and in magazines trading seriously harsh blows. Among other things, he accused her of calling her baby Trig “retarded” and she called him an attention-hungry liar.
“Levi did everything he could to destroy Sarah and her family,” a Palin-family insider tells PopEater.com’s “Naughty But Nice” Rob. “He has accused Sarah of being a bad mother, a bad wife and a bad leader. How can he walk back into their life like nothing happened? He should think again. He may have won Bristol back, but he will never gain the trust of Sarah. She doesn’t forgive and forget.”
And in keeping with the couple’s Romeo & Juliet-themed relationship, Levi and Bristol have been working extremely hard to keep their romance a secret from Sarah. Neighbors of Bristol’s in Anchorage, Alaska, tell RadarOnline.com that Levi has been spending the night at Bristol’s house for a while now, and they’ve seen him sneak out the window to avoid getting caught!
Here are some of the most outrageous claims Sarah and Levi have made about each other:
- Sarah knew Levi and Bristol were sleeping together! During an April 2009 with Tyra Banks, Levi said Sarah let him share a room with Bristol. “I’m pretty sure she probably knew [we were having sex],” he told Tyra. “Moms are pretty smart.”
- Sarah’s entire family is full of liars! Levi defended his family on CBS’ Early Show on April 8, 2009, saying the Palin camp was trying to make them look bad. “They’re lying, trying to save theirselves,” he said. “And they’re the one that asked for it. … They said I didn’t live there. I stayed there. I was like, OK, well, whatever you want to call it. I had my stuff there.”
- Sarah was totally changed by her instant fame! “Being up there and running for vice president, that’s totally different than governor,” Levi so eloquently said July 13, 2009, on NBC’s Today Show. “Cameras every day, she had Secret Service, you name it. And just seeing how she acted after it was all gone, I just think that it definitely got to her head.”
- Sarah wanted to pretend Bristol’s baby was hers! “Sarah told me she had a great idea,” Levi revealed in an interview with Vanity Fair. “We would keep it a secret — nobody would know that Bristol was pregnant. She told me that once Bristol had the baby, she and Todd would adopt him. … Sarah kept mentioning this plan. … We both kept telling her we were definitely not going to let her adopt the baby.”
- Levi lied to get attention! “We have purposefully ignored [Levi's] mean-spirited, malicious and untrue attacks on our family. We, like many, are appalled at the inflammatory statements being made or implied. … Those who would sell their body for money reflect a desperate need for attention and are likely to say and do anything for even more attention.”
- Levi is a neglectful father! In a statement released in April 2009, Sarah said, “Bristol realizes now that she made a mistake in her relationship and is the one taking responsibility for their actions.”
- Levi and Bristol shouldn’t get married! “Bristol at 19 is now a young adult. We obviously want what’s best for our children,” Sarah and Todd said in a statement released to the Today Show on July 14, 2010. “Bristol believes in redemption and forgiveness to a degree most of us struggle to put in practice in our daily lives.”