It must be any makeup artists dream to work with Katy since she is known for her fun beauty looks!
Katy Perry gets some of her best beauty looks from Jake Bailey, a makeup artist with Starworks Artists, and he reveals to Beauty High his 6 must-have makeup products!
Jake raves about Katy, saying she is an incredible muse! “Rarely do I get a client who has more fun with her makeup. She doesn’t take it too seriously and is always down to try something new. Getting Katy ready for an event or a magazine cover is always an inspiring creative collaboration,” said Jake. “We both have a lot of ideas and work together to find the perfect look…sometimes trying as many as five lip colors to find the perfect one.”
Here are his 6 must-haves:
1. Creme de la Mer moisturizer: I use it mostly at night. Absolutely the best for fighting wrinkles or recovering from a sunburn. Perfect for under makeup in colder weather as well because foundations adheres to it really well and it keeps your makeup from drying out in arid climates.
2. Guerlain “les violettes” powder: The lightest powder on the market. If you must use powder this summer….this is the one to use. Doesn’t cake or build up.
3. Cover Girl Lip Perfection Lipsticks and Natureluxe Gloss Balms: The best shade range and most beautiful texture on the market.
4. False lashes from Eylure: Highest quality lashes I’ve found. A UK brand that recently launched here in the U.S.
5. Make Up For Ever Aquacreams: The natural textures and the durability are an unbeatable combination.
6. M.A.C. brushes: Excellent quality, affordable brushes. They have one for every conceivable application.
I can’t wait to try out all of Jakes favorite products and maybe I’ll be looking like Ms. Perry herself sooner than I think!