Kate’s beautiful natural makeup and hair make her ’a young modern fashion icon’! Find out how an expert says you can get her beauty look, too!
Kate Middleton, 29, looked absolutely stunning for her royal wedding to Prince William in a natural makeup look that matched perfectly with her softly tied back hair . Celebrity makeup artists tell Hollywoodlife.com how to get the look for yourself!
NARS makeup artist Alexis Androulakis loved Kate’s lips with her glowing radiance and contoured cheekbones. “It suited her pesronality. it was soft, pretty, pleasant!”
Alexis suggests using a primer to help keep the product on your face — it extends wear-time for a minimum of 4 hours! “Use a skin smoothing skin prep either under or on top of primer to give smoothest complexion possible.” Use a primer for your eyeshadow as well to make it “bulletproof” to avoid smudges for your special day!
Celebrity makeup artist Dominique Samuel says Kate went with a really sophisticated look that showed a modern touch, which highlighted her best features — eyes and eyebrows.
Her hair also was very modern, with loose hair and a little wave. Dominique says “a young modern fashion icon is born.”
Here’s how to get the look:
1. Start with a nice base for your foundation. Dominique recommends Armani Sheer Silk Foundation because it has the perfect texture and coverage.
2. Set it with some powder. Dominique suggests Make Up For Ever’s HD powder. “You don’t want to be too shiny because of all the lights from the photographer’s flashes!”
3. Use a concealer for under the eyes to brighten your eyes.
4. Shape your brows with a pencil and fill it in with brow powder.
5. Start with a chestnut eyeliner and draw it like an upwards eyeliner.
6. Use a brown eyeshadow in dark and lighter colors on the eye crease for a light smokey-eye look. “Taupe is a good color to get a more lifting event.”
7. Use a off-white eyeshadow on the eyelids.
8. Curl your lashes before you put on any mascara — and always use a waterproof mascara. “She will have a lot of tears that day and it is important that the makeup is at the same place at the end of the day!”
9. Use a bronze blush and then layer it with a soft pink.
10. Finish off with a pretty pink lipstick!
Celebrity makeup artist Autumn Moultrie says you can get Kate’s royal look by playing up your eyes with soft grey shadows and keeping your lips ‘naturally’ pink.
Autumn’s expert tip: To keep the eyes the focus, she has concealer and brightener under her eyes to make her eyes twinkle.
Get Kate’s look with our celebrity makeup artists’ favorite products below!
Would you wear Kate’s look on your wedding day?
CLICK HERE FOR MORE STORIES ON THE ROYAL WEDDING!
- Kate Middleton’s Gorgeous Royal Wedding Hairstyle — How To Get The Look!
- Prince William & Kate Middleton — They’re Married! Officially!
- Kate Middleton Wedding Dress — How Amazing Is Her Royal Wedding Look!