Celebrity hair stylists tell HollywoodLife.com how to put together her romantic look!
Kate Middleton, 29, looked every inch the fairy-tale princess today — especially her flowing locks! Here are the steps to getting Kate’s beautiful hairstyle!
Celebrity hair colorist Johnathan Gale was a huge fan of Kate’s elegant look. Joined with the tiara band and natural makeup, these ingredients made for a very dignified look — without appearing too stately. He thinks it is an appropriately youthful, gorgeous bridal look: “I think this is going to set a flurry across the world.”
Redken Brand Ambassador Rodney Cutler thought the hairstyle looked like the real Kate and was glad she decided to stay true to herself on such a big day. But he thinks it might have looked a little too casual.
“It would have been nice to have it a little up to ensure that it stayed elegant as the evening went on. Overall, it shows a lot of confidence that it was more important to stick to her signature style and be herself with a little more glam in the waves; it’s not severe. And I like that.”
Rodney’s how-to and product recommendations:
1. Apply Redken blown away 09 protective blow dry gel to dry hair and begin a set a blow dry, being sure to allow the hair to cool down on the brush to create extra bend. A medium round brush would work best.
2. Create a deep side part based on what suits the face best.
3. Using a medium curling iron (an inch and half barrel), section hair into two inch sections and overdirect the curls. You achieve this overdirection by rolling the iron from the end to the roots so that the majority of the wave is on the ends and its more of a wave than a curl.
4. Gently pin back small sections on either side just behind the ears.
5. Apply new Redken Shine Flash-02 glistening mist on just an the top layer and then a hairspray like Quick Dry 18 Instant Finishing Spray to hold the style in place.
Rodney’s expert tip: “Pinning the hair back really defines her beautiful silhouette and give it a nice line in the front. It avoids getting too flat later as well.”
Britney Williams from Bumble and bumble Salon tells us that you should cut back on how many times you wash your hair before your wedding day. “Once a week do a deep conditioning treatment to give the hair strength.”
Britney also suggests washing your hair either the night before or the morning of the big day is the best decision. This prevents the hair from falling limp and helps keep the body all day. If hair color is needed, make sure its done around a week or two before.
Britney recommends: For the day of, keep a styling spray like Bumble and Bumble Spray de Mode close and reapply if a little boost is needed in between the ceremony and reception!
READ ON FOR MORE STORIES ON THE ROYAL WEDDING!
- Bonnie Says: Prince William Tells Kate Middleton: “You Look Beautiful”!
- Pippa Middleton’s Maid Of Honor Dress & The Bridesmaids At The Royal Wedding!
- Princess Eugenie Vs. Princess Beatrice: Who Donned Their Royal Hat Best?