Justin Bieber seemed bigger than even Michael Jackson or Robert Pattinson at the premiere of his film Never Say Never yesterday in LA, so I was thrilled when he took the time to talk to me!
Justin Bieber’s premiere of his new movie, Never Say Never, at LA Live Feb. 8 was unlike anything I’d ever seen. There were 1,000s of screaming Beliebers, dozens of A-list stars and hundreds of paparazzi – and I was right in the middle of all the madness!
Justin, 16, worked the purple carpet hard and I was impressed with how he handled all the attention. Everyone from Will Smith, Jane Lynch, Miley Cyrus, Sean Kingston, Usher and Perez Hilton was clamoring to get a photo with the teen sensation. When I got my moment with him, I quickly asked him what he’d never do and he knew his answer instantly.
“I would never eat mushrooms!” he said, laughing. I also asked him about his new girlfriend, Selena Gomez, and he raved about her, telling me, “She’s amazing!”
Selena, 18, kept her distance from her man on the carpet, taking separate photos and even sneaking into the theater through the back. I’m sure you’ve seen the photos, but she looked gorgeous! Justin’s a lucky man.
Here are some other highlights from the purple carpet:
- Tish Cyrus, mom of Miley, was visibly unimpressed with her surroundings, walking down the carpet with her kids not talking to anyone. Her strain of Bieber Fever must have been a weaker dose. I guess we know where Miley gets her attitude sometimes!
- Speaking of Miley Cyrus, she was trying to avoid speaking to many people on the red carpet. She rushed around to get into the theater and didn’t really acknowledge her fans screams. I guess that is just Miley being Miley!
- Chris Brown arrived looking like he robbed a bank. I’ve never seen one person run into a theater faster to avoid cameras and interaction with public like I did with him. If he didn’t want to be seen, why come to the biggest carpet in the world?
- Will, Jada, Jaden and Willow Smith all arrived. Talk about a power family! They brought the swagger.
- Ricky Schroder from NYPD Blue fame and more importantly, the Justin Bieber of his time when he was on the hit show Silver Spoons, spoke on the chance of a Justin Bieber Silver Spoons film, his reaction was priceless!
Selena Gomez & Sean Kingston