From gluten-free pasta to calorie-counting iPhone apps, celebs spill the beans on the best ways to slim down for summer.
Don’t fear the bikini! You still have time to get a great body for summer with these sizzling tips that celebrities shared with Us Weekly. Learn how to cut carbs without total deprivation, exercise to get results, and which commercial diet plans really work. Spoiler alert: Gwenyth Paltrow drinks kale juice!
- Beyoncé: When the toned superstar with a weakness for soul food has to bare her skin for bikini scenes, she switches to six mini-meals of fruit and protein per day and does strength-training and running five days a week.
- Carrie Underwood: This country star is always bikini ready: she constantly keeps a food diary to help her stay on track. Her snack tip? She keeps Kashi bars on hand for emergencies.
- Lauren Conrad: The actress-turned-bestselling-author avoids all processed foods and sticks to simple staples like oatmeal, fish and brown rice. Between meals, she reaches for high-protein snacks like peanut butter or tuna salad.
- Jennifer Aniston: When the svelte and sexy Jen needs to slim down, she eats fish and vegetables for dinner, and snacks on pureed papaya, pineapple and mango. She is also famously devoted to daily yoga practice with teacher Mandy Ingber.
- Kim Kardashian: The size-2 Quick Trim spokesperson keeps her famous curves toned by dining on low-carb meals like chicken and salads, and working out with celeb trainer Gunnar Peterson five days a week.
- Amanda Seyfried: 23-year-old star of Letters to Juliet says that “moderation is key” to her diet, plus she stays toned by going running almost every day and doing strength training three days a week with celebrity trainer Harley Pasternak.
- Jennifer Hudson: The size-six singer lost the baby weight — and more! — by eating sushi and counting calories with the Weight Watchers iPhone app.
- Gwenyth Paltrow: The wackiest bikini-ready celeb of all, Gwenyth’s typical daily diet consists of: Almond and blueberry shake or breakfast bar for breakfast, KALE (yep) juice snack, steamed chicken breast lunch, some almonds, and turkey vegetable soup with salad and light vinaigrette for dinner. Plus, she works out for 90 minutes every day. That’s one way to get a bikini bod.
- Melissa Rycroft Strickland: The “Dancing with the Stars” beauty cuts out salt, sugar and most carbs when she’s trying to get in tip-top form. A typical day consist of: breakfast shake, followed by wheat tortilla with turkey, cheese and low-fat mayo for lunch, chicken with green beans for dinner, and a piece of dark chocolate for desert.
- Jessica Szohr: Eats egg whites, salads and pasta during the week, and splurges on the weekend. She’s keeps toned by going on hikes with beau and fellow “Gossip Girl” cast member Ed Westwick.
- Cameron Diaz: Trainer Teddy Bass told Us Weekly that Cameron works out five days a week doing Pilates, running and strength training. “That way she can eat what she likes!” When she really wants to get bikini-ready, she cuts out sugar and alcohol.
- Cheryl Burke: The 26-year-old dancer got into the best shape of her life by cutting out red meat and cheese, and swapping white carbs for whole-wheat bread and gluten-free pasta.
- Kelly Ripa: Tiny host of Live with Regis and Kelly says that “moderation” is what keeps her a size two. While she mostly sticks to fish and greens, she eats an occasional dinner roll or piece of lasagna because, as she puts it, “If you restrict something, you’ll desire it even more.”
- Fergie: After gaining 13 pounds for her role in Nine, the pop singer lost it by eating 1,200-2,000 calorie meals delivered by Los Angeles-based Diet Designs. She also does a combination of cardio and strength training for 90 minutes every day.
- Gisele Bundchen: The leggy underwear model lost a whopping 30 pounds in six weeks post-baby by eating only vegetables and meat and burning calories with Tracy Anderson‘s dance workouts.
- Ellen Pompeo: She has proclaimed herself “workout obsessed,” and shed her 30 pounds of baby weight by upping her workouts with Gregg Miele.
- SunShine Hampton: “The Biggest Loser” contestant is putting into practice what she learned on the show, and is closing in on her bikini-ready goal. She works out an astounding six hours per day, and eats egg white omelets, tuna salads, and dinners of white fish with veggies.
- Sara Rue: After trying every diet, the “Less Than Perfect” star has found her perfect fit as Jennie Craig’s newest spokesperson. She swears by the home-delivered, 1200-calorie-per-day plan.