Most friendships are filled with some degree of difficulty and drama, but that pales in comparison to some of these extreme Hollywood antics!
Everyone has at some point had to deal with some backstabbing in their lives – be it from a friend, family member or even lover. These ten Hollywood examples however take it to the next level! Be it Ryan Reynolds reportedly leaving wife Scarlett Johansson and hooking up with mutual friend Sandra Bullock or Jake Gyllenhaal making time for Camilla Belle, just days after breaking up with her enemy Taylor Swift, Hollywood is littered with backstabbers!
Take a look at some of the most infamous examples below!
- Jake Gyllenhaal, Camilla Belle & Taylor Swift: In the most complicated example of backstabbing, Taylor’s boyfriend Joe Jonas dumped her and took up with Camilla, who Taylor then reportedly wrote the song “Better Than Revenge” about. With the lyric “She’s an actress / But she’s better known for the things that she does on the mattress,” it’s safe to say this is not someone Taylor is close to. So when just a week after breaking up with Taylor former beau was spotted chatting up Camilla, it’s safe to say Taylor was going to be pretty upset.
- Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson & Nikki Reed: The original Twilight couple was not in fact Kristen and Rob but rather Rob and Nikki. Things however did not work out and rather than go outside the cast Rob fell in love with Kristen — Nikki’s friend!
- Sandra Bullock, Ryan Reynolds & Scarlett Johansson: Ryan and Scarlett were one of Hollywood’s most low key couples, making the announcement of their split in late 2010 a surprise to most. Even more shocking however were reports that shortly after their relationship ended Ryan was spending considerable amounts of time with the couple’s mutual friend, Sandra.
- Eva Longoria, Tony Parker & Erin Barry: Eva and Erin grew close as both were the spouses of players on the San Antonio Spurs — until Erin started a relationship with Eva’s hubby Tony!
- Paris Hilton & Nicole Richie: Who knows who was at fault with this storied duo, but someone stuck a knife in, leading to a years long separation. Luckily, the two have made amends and are friends again.
- Heidi Montag, Spencer Pratt & Lauren Conrad: I think we need no explanation.
- Winona Ryder & Gwyneth Paltrow: As rumor has it, Gwyneth and Winona fell out when Gwyn stole a little script from Winona’s apartment and then the role from her. That film? A small flick called Shakespeare In Love that launched Gwyneth into the A-list and won her an Oscar.
- Heather Locklear, Richie Sambora & Denise Richards: Heather suffered the ultimate loss when her ex-husband began seeing her best friend. Perhaps the worst burn of all!
- Amanda Seyfried, Dominic Cooper & Lindsay Lohan: Amanda and Dominic were on again, off again, and then definitely off after rumors surfaced Dominic had been with Amanda’s Mean Girls costar Lindsay in Cannes.