From Buffy the Vampire Slayer to Gossip Girl — Michelle talks boys, bullies, and drugs … and what kind of condom she used? Huh?
Michelle Trachtenberg, 24, you’re all grown up! We remember when you were running around with your notebook playing Harriet Welch in 1996’s Harriet the Spy, and now you’re the sultry, evil-ish Georgina Sparks on CW’s Gossip Girl — and Chloe Payne on NBC’s Mercy. We can’t believe we’ve been watching you evolve for all of these years! The native New Yorker sat down with Complex magazine in their February/March issue that hits stands Feb. 8 to talk about her new film A Couple of Dicks, older men, and her real life ‘mean girls’ experience.
- On losing her virginity: “Would you like to know what kind of condom I used? [Laughs.] Seth Green says I’ve been the same person since he met me at 14. I guess I’ve just always had sex on the brain. A lot of people thought that I was having sex before I actually was, because of the way I held myself. I didn’t lose my virginity until I was 18. It wasn’t a crazy, massive thing.”
- She likes older men! “I feel like there’s a phase guys go through in their early twenties when they’re supposed to hook up with a lot of chicks and break a lot of hearts. That’s great, I’d just like to catch you after that. I’m not looking to settle down and make babies, I’m just not looking for the guy who’s texting seven different girls like, “Let’s screw here. Let’s hook up later.” I’ve always had at least a six- or seven-year age difference with boyfriends. And I guess I still have resentment towards all the boys in high school.”
- Girls being mean to her growing up: “Kids — boys and girls both — were very cruel to me, all throughout school, and particularly in high school, when girls were getting boobies and I didn’t have any. I was a really late bloomer. I was tortured, made fun of. People were envious of me, but they took it to a nasty place, like, ‘Let’s mess her shit up,’ as opposed to, ‘Yay! So cool!'”
- Her Georgiana moment: “I did run into the girl who threw me down a flight of stairs. We were coming out of a restaurant and there was a wall of like 20 paparazzi. They were probably waiting for Paris Hilton and I just happened to come out. I have never before or since said something like this, because it’s so disgusting, but I turned to her and was like, ‘Oh, I’m sorry. I’m really famous. They need to take my picture. Sucks for you.'”
- She’s never tried drugs: “The cocaine!” I call it ‘the weed.’ I’m drug dumb. I don’t know sh*t about drugs. I just don’t do that because I would never do anything to—God forbid—ruin my career. I value my career … I’ve been in situations where I’ve been petrified of putting my purse down because I was traveling the next day and I knew that there was stuff [drugs] on the counter. I’m just overly paranoid.”