The Golden Globes this Jan. 16 are meant to be an evening of parties and celebrations — but not if these celebs have an awkward run-in!
With what seems like hundreds of categories and an endless array of awards (and champagne), there should be little surprise that the Golden Globe Awards are rife with the opportunity for incredibly awkward, and seemingly tense, celeb encounters. This year is no different as exes and former flames alike are slated to attend, are nominated, and, in a few cases, are competing against one another for the same award!
Here are just a few of the possible celeb run-ins that could go down!
- Angelina Jolie & Gwyneth Paltrow: Brad Pitt‘s current life partner Angie is nominated for Best Actress in a Comedy or Musical (huh?!) for her role in The Tourist while Gwyn’s song from Country Strong is nominated. While both seem perfectly fine with one another and Gwyn is now married to rocker Chris Martin, no one wants to be drinking (or rather, one is forced into heavy drinking) at the table next to their ex’s new lady.
- Scarlett Johansson & Sandra Bullock: Despite rumors and reports, Sandra and Scarlett have remained close following Scarlett’s split from Ryan Reynolds, but claims of a Ryan and Sandy love affair likely have Scarlett hoping their paths don’t cross when they both show up as presenters — no matter how close they may be!
- Leonardo DiCaprio & Ryan Gosling: Two of this generation’s greatest young actors may also be sharing another much coveted title — arm candy for Gossip Girl star Blake Lively. Ryan is up for Best Actor in a Drama for Blue Valentine while Leo will be supporting Best Picture Drama nominee Inception.
- Julia Stiles, Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter: The Dexter cast will be on hand as their show is nominated for Best Drama, and both Julia and Michael snagged acting nods — likely much to the chagrin of ex Jennifer. The costars and now reportedly a pair and will be unavoidable as the three will likely be sharing a table. Drink up Jenny, it’s gonna be a looooooooonnng night!
- Hailee Steinfeld & Lea Michele: Note to the stars of hit television shows aimed at tweens — if one of these young, precious children approaches you be cordial and thankful. Or better yet, just try and think what Lea would do in the situation and do the exact opposite. Lea is a nominee for Glee and Hailee a presenter and hopefully the two will met, as last time Hailee tried Lea ignored her and almost made the young starlet cry. Luckily Hailee wins out in the long run as the better actor, dresser, and person in general. Her seemingly inevitable Oscar nom will just be the cherry on the sundae.