Posted Wed, March 23, 2011 1:49pm EST

Bonnie Says: Shut Up George Lopez — Stop Comparing Kirstie Alley to a Pig!

Posted Wed, March 23, 2011 1:49pm EST

Usually I’m a HUGE fan of yours, George Lopez but you were cruel to Kirstie Alley, when you referred to her on your show last night, March 22, as this “little piggy who goes to market!”

Listen George – since when has it been okay to make fun of a woman – or anyone for that matter – because of their weight?

Just because Kirstie has been open about her weight issues and has publicly shared her dieting and weight loss frustrations MANY times, doesn’t mean it’s ok for you to describe her as a “little piggy.”

You did it in context of supposedly complimenting her, on her impressive Cha Cha on DWTS. But I couldn’t believe the next words that came out of your mouth – “she did a nice job – her little hooves tapping away. Before the show, she went to the market,” you continued. “And then she had roast beef on the way home.”

As a final insult, you showed a pig singing, “wee, wee, wee!”

So George, what are you trying to say? That a woman shouldn’t dance publicly if she needs to lose a few pounds. That Kirstie or any overweight woman deserves to be compared to a pig?

Would you say this about a man?

And by the way George, you’re not looking so trim yourself. Would you have the courage to go on DWTS and strut your stuff?

So you know what George? Lay off Kirstie and keep your little piggy jokes to yourself?

– Bonnie Fuller

SamMalone

Posted at 11:37 PM on March 24, 2011

Kirstie looked great in that S & M outfit in Rodney Dangerfield’s last movie, “Back by Midnight.” Bristol Palin looked great too. Some guys like women with a little meat on their bones, and people in glass houses should not throw stones. Up until a few years ago didn’t George Lopez look like Fernando Valenzula’s uglier brother who made way too many trips to Taco Bell? Besides, Lopez wouldn’t even have a career if Sandra Bullock didn’t have a soft spot for Beaners. Is he even legal? Wait until your show’s cancelled, George. Within a year I guarantee Lopez will be back looking like a stuffed burrito.

Brooklyn Babe

Posted at 11:08 PM on March 24, 2011

George Lopez has got a lot of nerve. After his wife gave up her kidney to him so that he wouldn’t die, he repays her by sleeping with prostitutes. He should look in the mirror to see who the real pig is.

j-9

Posted at 3:28 PM on March 24, 2011

No, it’s not ok to be mean about ANY personal issues a person has, whether it’s obesity, sexual preference, race,class,color, religious belief or anything else. George Lopez is a cheap whore–he cut loose his insults for media attention and for money. If that’s not a personal issue, I don’t know what is. Here’s a further thought;his put-downs were a conscious choice he made, not a weakness to be overcome. Shame on him.

Annyta

Posted at 1:22 PM on March 24, 2011

George like my mama said I may be overweight, but your ugly! and I can lose weight, but you’ll be ugly forever!

Julia

Posted at 10:51 AM on March 24, 2011

Such outrage! Too bad no one felt the need to defend Bristol Palin when she was facing the very same thing…

Rosii

Posted at 10:50 AM on March 24, 2011

Wow, don’t make such a big deal. He is a comedian, there are others who say worst things and they get to them. I watched the clip and I was laughing. I myself am kind of heavy set, I crack jokes around and even crack jokes about my own imperfections. It takes a strong person not to take it too personally. If you r in the media, get ready for it, people will joke and point things out. Its Lopez Job to make jokes. Besides, lets face it, she is overweight, its not good for her health. P.S. I love the little piggy commercial, its one of my favorites, I always squeal like that pig as soon is come out, I think its adorable. :D

Dion

Posted at 9:21 AM on March 24, 2011

I was shocked at how cruel Lopez was, not funny!

Judy

Posted at 9:12 AM on March 24, 2011

I just want to add a remark. I have watched the replay of that performance countless times, because it makes me feel happy! Kirstie, you and Maks were darling.

Judy

Posted at 9:03 AM on March 24, 2011

The PIG is George Lopez. He was crucified on the Lopez show website yesterday for his tasteless remarks, but he deleted approximately thirty negative posts about him. He can apparently dish it out but can’t take the fallout from his mean, classless, bullying remarks disguised as humor. He might want to take a refresher course in comedy from Ellen DeGeneres. Kirstie Alley NAIILED…and I mean NAILED…that performance, and she looked great doing it, too. LOVE HER and hope she takes home the trophy!

BOO

Posted at 3:00 AM on March 24, 2011

sHE IS NOT PIG. BUT SHE IS BUFFALO. HE HE

Rosii

Posted at 10:50 AM on March 24, 2011

lol true, A pig is too little….

j-9

Posted at 3:32 PM on March 24, 2011

You are not buffalo, you are sh*thead

jason

Posted at 2:11 AM on March 24, 2011

George is an idiot and the worst of the worst (take a kidney from your wife and then divorce her???)

But, all things being equal…Bonnie, you’ve harped on thin women incessantly. Lets face it, Kirstie is fat, fat, fat.

Jo-Ann

Posted at 11:21 PM on March 23, 2011

I’m sick of people criticising Kirstie because of her weight. She’s a talented woman and a no bullshit one also.
She’s not a phony like alot of other famous people. I hope she wins DWTS. Good Luck Kirstie!! I’m disappointed in George Lopez.

busymalls

Posted at 10:31 PM on March 23, 2011

very very good like yes,i like

----

Posted at 10:00 PM on March 23, 2011

i hate the men that thinks that they can judge a women for her weight!!!

he should look himself in front of a mirror! he´s fat too!!!!

Lindsey

Posted at 6:51 PM on March 23, 2011

Look who’s calling the kettle a pig. George you have know class. Conan who has an once of class would never have joked about Kristy, the way you did. George it’s simple your the pig. You should apologize to Kristy, NOW!

Susan

Posted at 6:46 PM on March 23, 2011

I don’t like what George said, but it’s funny how Chelsea Handler, Sarah Silverman, etc. can make vile racist comments and that’s OK. Jerry Seinfeld made fat jokes about Oprah for years, but that was OK too. Joan Rivers called Liz Taylor a pig many times in the early 80s. Give me a break. One set of rules for some people and another set of rules for everyone else.

joanie

Posted at 4:09 PM on March 23, 2011

George, we KNOW you’e an expert on pigs and their behavior, but you do not “represent” your fellow latinos well with your brutish behavior. Want to know why I’m not watching . . . YOU!

Rosii

Posted at 11:03 AM on March 24, 2011

Hey, don’t be bringing the word “Latino” under this… You r accusing somebody of being brutish, yet YOU are being rude. Nobody represents no race or ethnic group but themselves. What he made a fat joke, everyone is making such a big deal out of it, does that mean we can now go after all the other comedians who make racist and rude jokes as well? Not me, its freedom of speech. Some are tough, some are not. What a person does or say is never to represent a group as a whole, but just the individual. It doesn’t take a genius to figure that out.

happyHBmom

Posted at 3:20 PM on March 23, 2011

Wow, she looks great! George WISHES he could dance that well!

Marisol

Posted at 3:07 PM on March 23, 2011

Someone who accepted a kidney transplant from his wife – and then divorced her – gave up the right to make obnoxious comments about other people long ago. I don’t care if he’s a comedian or a sanitation engineer.

Lee

Posted at 3:06 PM on March 23, 2011

It’s idiots like George that try to keep women down as third class citizens.

Susan

Posted at 6:49 PM on March 23, 2011

Oh yeah, it’s George keeping women down. Are you kidding me?! I can turn on the TV any time of day or night and see women depicted as ignorant sl*ts. One joke by George, which was in bad taste, is not the root of the problem.

OMEGA

Posted at 3:01 AM on March 24, 2011

HE SAYING THE TRUTH.

Rick

Posted at 3:01 PM on March 23, 2011

George Lopez? Who knew he was still on TV…I thought he was dead.

sharon

Posted at 2:50 PM on March 23, 2011

I think that’s what comedians do but Kirsty Alley is so pretty she shouldn’t. Care no matter her size

andrea browm

Posted at 2:48 PM on March 23, 2011

I was blown away by Kristi Alliy’s performance! All I can say is “You go girl” and you can tell George L and anyone eles that they can kiss your large dancen, body shaken, heart braken ASS! You served them sexy on a big gold platter. And Mr Lopez you could’nt pay me to watch your show

sharon

Posted at 2:35 PM on March 23, 2011

George should take a close look in the mirror before callimg anybody any names .He is not the most attractive man out there .Kirstie was awesome !

Allay

Posted at 1:57 PM on March 23, 2011

This is so hypocritical of you guys. You continuously bash women’s bodies for being thin. It’s disgusting on both levels. HL and George Lopez need to shut up about the size of women’s bodies because there are so many different shapes and sizes.

Alex

Posted at 3:16 PM on March 23, 2011

Everybody has to take it easy, its called a joke. He said mean things about everyone. She is out in the open with her weight issues so its going to be a punchline for everyone. Get of you high horses.

cool breeze

Posted at 3:52 PM on March 23, 2011

I agree, he would not say it if she were a man. Also, it is skeezy to compliment someone with insults peppered in. It just shows how he thinks of women. their accomplishments are diminished by reducing them to how they look, or who they sleep with, no matter what their accomplishments. I see it every day where i work. Some women where i work were featured in a column to show their accomplishments in male dominated careers for national womens month, and the guys i work with only comments were this one slept around when she was single, that one got fat, that one can’t keep a man, she got two divorces. they don’t even hear themselves. thats all women are good for, so that is what they are judged on. typical sexist. btw, George is a male chauvenist pig, so weee weee wee George.