If you haven’t even started shopping for Fall just yet don’t worry, we’ve got all the items you’re going to need this season and check out the stylish stars for inspiration — they’re already working these looks on the street and on the carpet!
I honestly can’t believe it’s already October, but with the weather getting cooler it’s definitely time to start breaking out your new fall finds. And if you haven’t started shopping just yet, this weekend gives you the perfect opportunity to update your wardrobe. While most major department stores have major sales going on, you don’t have to run out and buy a new outfit from head to toe — you can easily update your look with a few key pieces.
I wouldn’t splurge on super trendy items, but if you need a new pair of jeans, a jacket, or maybe even a nice handbag those may be the items you spend a little more on. So far the major themes of the season incorporate military trends, biker chick chic, tweed, lace, leopard print, boots (both over-the-knee and ankle booties), long-sleeved minis, and fur (to name a few!). Don’t be afraid to try new things and step out of your comfort zone but be sure to choose items that reflect your personal style — you want to wear the outfit you don’t want a too-trendy look to overpower you!
For example, you don’t need to rock a leopard or lace dress to look trendy — even adding a leopard clutch (I love box clutches) or pair of shoes to the LBD you already own is a way to update your look. I’m also really loving leather and lace together this season — I love how the femininity of the lace looks under a little leather jacket or with a leather mini — you can even pair a lace skirt with a studded leather side bag and you’ll have an outfit you can really mix and match!
For jeans, while the skinny cut and jeggings are still stylish we’re also seeing a resurgence of the flare leg — something that will also definitely come back into play this spring with a higher waistline. Don’t be afraid to embrace the flared leg — girls like Kim Kardashian, Audrina Patridge, and Ashlee Simpson-Wentz have already revived the style!
In footwear, the combat boot is definitely back and even has a sexy vibe in modified styles that come complete with a heel, open-toe, or other cool accents. The over-the-knee boot has been everywhere on the red carpet on girls like Eva Longoria, Jennifer Lopez, and Hilary Duff and it’s definitely another big trend this season. Over jeans, leggings, tights, or just with a dress there are so many ways to work this trend but if you don’t think it’s right for you then stick to an ankle boot — with studs or in a fun print there are so many different embellished versions that can go with practically anything you want to wear through winter.
While plaid is still super popular again this season, its sister fabric tweed has gotten a cool update. Rather than a traditional tweed skirt, I love the way a pair of tweed shorts looks with tights and boots — I also like the way a small tweed jacket can look thrown over anything from jeans and a tee during the day or a dress at night.
Check out the items I picked out to help you get into gear for the fall and look at the celebrities who are already showing off these looks!
<strong>Trends this season include:</strong>
- Fur: Faux (and real) fur jackets, vests, and even bags are everywhere — and a vest is the easiest way to work the look this season
- Flares: It’s time to retire your skinny jeans and embrace the resurgence of the flared keg
- Bold accessories: While mixing metals is super popular this season, I’m loving the caramel watch that gives off a rose gold look
- Lace: From shirts, sweaters, dresses, skirts, and leggings we’re seeing the dainty look everywhere
- Tweed: On jackets, skirts, shorts and dresses the fabric gets a modern twist with embellished accents and new cuts
- Military: Whether you want an anorak or just a pair of cargos this trend is very practical when you want to dress down
- Biker chick chic: Leather is still so hot this season — from a jacket to a mini or even just an interesting pair of gloves there are so many ways to work this trend
- Leopard: Go bold in a dress or mix up your look with a leopard pair of pumps or a clutch and easily update your LBD
- Long-Sleeved mini: Stay covered up yet still look sexy in this style
- Crossbody bags: Instead of lugging around an over-sized tote go for this chic & neat style