New details are emerging on Chelsea’s big day, including her emotional first dance with dad Bill to Frank Sinatra and the details on her $11,000 wedding cake!
Some of the lucky few in attendance at Chelsea Clinton‘s wedding Saturday evening are finally revealing details from the beautiful, yet very private, multimillion dollar affair. One guest told the New York Post, “For the first dance, Chelsea and her dad danced to a Frank Sinatra ballad,” noting that the former president was “teary-eyed” throughout the dance. Chelsea and new husband Marc Mezvinsky meanwhile took to the floor and performed a choreographed version of “At Last.” Among the other new details are:
- Jim Valli and his band were among the entertainment for the evening, along with the previously known DJ Mia Moretti and violinist Caitlin Moe. A harpist played as the 400 guests filed in for the outdoor ceremony.
- The vegan cake from La Tulipe Desserts in Mt. Kisco was apparently chocolate, though an actual photo has yet to be released of the creation. It was 11 tiers and is said to have cost around $11,000.
- For her reception, Chelsea changed into a silk tulle Grecian Vera Wang gown with criss cross back and a narrow grosgrain black belt according to Us Weekly.
- Guests walked away with a gift bag that included a bottle of wine from the nearby Clinton Vineyards as well as a box of chocolates, pastries from the local Wild Hive Farm Store, and Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment.
- The dinner, catered by the St. Regis Hotel in New York, included short ribs, Atlantic char, a vegetarian option, and gluten-free rolls
- Bill gave a toast saying that ever since his daughter had been old enough to formulate a thought, he had “been outnumbered” in his household, two to one. Now, with a son-in-law, he said, “the playing field is even. I have someone else on my side.”
- Marc also gave an emotional speech about his love for Chelsea and at the end looked directly into her eyes ignoring the rest of the room. Even Bill was brought to tears.