The glitz, the glamour, the gowns! HollywoodLife.com breaks down for you which celebrities have had the most lavish weddings of all time!
If you were shocked to hear that Chelsea Clinton’s July 31 nuptials would be costing parents Bill and Hillary Clinton a pretty penny - $3+ million! – then you’re going to be downright astounded when you check out HollywoodLife.com’s list of Hollywood’s most expensive ceremonies. From Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston‘s extravagant fireworks display to Carrie Underwood‘s diamond tiara and TomKat’s all-Armani wedding wardrobe, you’ll never BELIEVE what these celebs spend on their ‘I do’ day!
Chelsea Clinton & Marc Mezvinsky
July 31. Rhinebeck, NY. $3-$5 million
- Bill and Hill are footing the bill – and putting ALL the guests up in various inns and hotels in Rhinebeck, NY. NICE!
- Chelsea is wearing the ultimate wedding dress designer – Vera Wang – on her big day
- Invitations are $150 per person
- Chelsea’s guests will be dancing the night away from midnight until 5 AM in $600,000 air-conditioned tents!
- ENJOY! Each table costs $6,000 for food and drink
Katie Holmes & Tom Cruise
November, 2006. Bracciano, Italy. $1 million
- Giorgio Armani designed clothes for everyone in the wedding party, including Katie and Tom. Swanky!
- If the couple had paid (which they didn’t), it would have cost $50,000 to rent out the 15th-century Odescalchi Castle
- Surprise – TomKat had fireworks!
- Famed Italian opera singer Andrea Bocelli serenaded the happy couple
- MEOW! Katie’s wedding night La Bra lingerie cost a staggering $3,000. Hope Tom appreciated it…
Carrie Underwood & Mike Fisher
July 10, 2010. Greensboro, Georgia. $500,000
- Carrie’s wasn’t the only blinged out person at the nuptials, held at the Ritz-Carlton Reynolds Plantation. Her dog, Ace, donned a Swarovski crystal-encrusted pink tuxedo to trot down the aisle.
- As a wedding gift, Mike gave Carrie a 40 carat diamond tiara by Jonathan Arndt. He’s a keeper!
- Her wedding gown was a dreamy princess-style Monique Lhuillier detailed with Chantilly lace and silk organza
- Her wedding cake was made of cupcakes. Smart girl!
- You can tell this girl is a singer – she had a 14-piece orchestra to wed her hockey player hubby!
Fergie & Josh Duhamel
Jan 10, 2009. Malibu, California. $1 million
- Fergie had not one but TWO Dolce & Gabbana dresses – as well as Jimmy Choo shoes – for her big day
- Her cake weighed 150 lbs. Yum, lots of goodness to love!
- Her wedding tent was decorated as a forest of trees
- In addition to the 25,000 flowers she had flown in to the Church Estates Vineyards, Fergie’s white flower bouquet was decorated with crystals. Bling out!
Beyonce & Jay-Z
April 4, 2008. NYC. $700,000
- Every guest had to wear white – including Gwyneth Paltrow and the Williams’ sisters!
- Guests were served a 7-course meal which included caviar, shrimp scampi and Popeye’s fried chicken
- Security guards frisked every guest!
- Beyonce wrote and performed a song for her hubby
Jennifer Aniston & Brad Pitt
July 29, 2000. Malibu, CA. $ 1 million
- Jen and Brad ordered 50,000 blooms of roses, wisteria, tulips and lotus blossoms to create a “zen garden” look
- They had a fireworks display!
- Yeah, they had a gospel choir too.
- A little excessive, no? The then-perfect pair hired FOUR bands for their big day!
Gwen Stefani & Gavin Rossdale
September 14, 2000. St. Paul’s Cathedral, London. Amount unknown – but we know it cost a lot!
- Gwen’s dress was an original creation by John Galliano, complete with an antique lace veil
- Guests took a unique form of transportation – double-decker buses – to the reception, held at private club Home House
- All of Gwen’s 8 bridesmaids (yep, you read that right) wore Dior!
- Nice wheels, Gwen. The former No Doubt singer was chauffeured to the church in a blue 1970s Rolls-Royce – making her dramatic entrance one hour late!
Trista Rehn and Ryan Sutter
December 6, 2003. Rancho Mirage, California. $4 million
- Trista wore a $70,000 Badgley Mischka gown and diamond-encrusted Stuart Weitzman shoes. We have no words…
- 30,000 roses were flown in from Holland and Ecuador
- The happy couple had 12 dozen roses imprinted with their photos on each petal
- County superstar Brad Paisley performed
- Their cake cost $15,000! The chocolate masterpiece with cascading pink sugar roses was created by Sam Godfrey of Perfect Endings
Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom
September 27, 2009. Los Angeles. $ 1 million
- Khloe had a 10-piece orchestra when she wed Lamar – whom she had dated for only one month before getting engaged!
- Towards the end of the evening, Khloe and the rest of her bridal party changed into purple sweats with ‘Khloe and Lamar’s Wedding’ written across the back.
- Babyface sang at the reception
- The newlyweds sent pals off with purple and gold cupcakes – the colors of Lamar’s basketball team, the LA Lakers
- Best of all, someone else footed the bill! E! the network of Khloe’s reality show, Keeping Up with the Kardashians, allegedly paid for the whole shebang!
Christina Aguilera & Jordan Bratman
November 19, 2005. Napa Valley, California. $2 million
- Christina and Jordan splurged on a $3,500 a night suite with a sweet fireplace and outdoor tub at the Napa Valley Staglin Family Vineyard. Hello romance!
- Christina wore three different dresses on her wedding night including her Christian Lacroix wedding dress, a Les Habitudes and a cream, satin and velvet Kai Milla dress.
- The featured ‘guest’ at the wedding: a chandelier crafted from 2,500 crystals
- Yummy! The couple had a 5-tier chocolate cake topped by hundreds of sugar flowers
Madonna & Guy Ritchie
December 22, 2000. Scotland. $1.5 million
- Her Madgesty spent $53,000 renting out Scotland’s Skibo castle!
- She wore a strapless silk gown by pal Stella McCartney
- Only the best for the Material Girl: she accessorized with a 1919 diamond tiara once worn by Princess Grace of Monaco
- In addition to all her other bling, Madonna wore a $72,000 French diamond bracelet by London jeweler Susy Lauder
- The cake, prepared by a French baker, was actually flown in to Scotland!