Posted Mon, February 14, 2011 7:55pm EDT

Will Charice FINALLY Be Made A Series Regular On 'Glee?' Naya Rivera Tells What She Knows! Exclusive

Posted Mon, February 14, 2011 7:55pm EDT

Charice is our favorite part of Glee season two, but we want her to be more than a recurring character — it’s time she become a regular!

HollywoodLife.com caught up with Glee star Naya Rivera at Sephora’s OPI Glee Collection launch in Los Angeles Feb. 12 and the gorgeous actress shed some hope on our number one concern — is Charice going to be made a series regular?

“You never know,” she said.

Our faces started to fall, but then Naya reassured us by saying Charice’s permanent spot on Fox’s hit show hasn’t been ruled out (woo hoo!). “It is always up in the air,” she explained, adding, “I’m just along for the ride.”

That said, Naya, 24, is excited for Charice, 18, to reprise her role as Sunshine Corazon for at least four more episodes. “I can’t wait,” she said. “She was so sweet and a tremendous talent.”

Amen to that. We’re counting down the episodes until we get to see our favorite pint-size Filipina out sing every other cast member on the show. Hear that, Ryan Murphy? We want Charice to be a series regular…don’t you?

Kirstin Benson, with reporting by Stephanie Wenger

Love Charice? Follow Kirstin on Twitter!

Click here to read about the time Kirstin met Charice for the 1st time!

jay-o

Posted at 2:57 PM on February 16, 2011

we would love to see her on glee. not necessarily a regular at least with lots of appearances.

notsofamous

Posted at 12:50 PM on February 16, 2011

YES!!!!!I adore her….

WebScribes

Posted at 12:06 PM on February 16, 2011

I voted “Yes” to show support for Charice. I would have never watched Glee, if not for Charice and now I’m a fan. Charice is an excellent match for Glee and they should keep her in a recurring role as often and for as long as her career schedule will allow. They are great for each other!

That may now technically be a “series regular” but a regular guest star in several episodes each season.

I say Vote “Yes” to show our support for Charice!

Nope

Posted at 10:26 AM on February 16, 2011

Still delusional and really except. She WILL not be a regualr. I don’t even think it would be a good career move. Girl need to stick to sining that is all there is too it.

Plus why do you want a character to be a regualr that has had 5 miutes of screen time? Ick

MDR

Posted at 11:58 PM on February 15, 2011

Much as a lot of us fans clamors for her to be a Glee regular, it’s not gonna happen. She’s happy to do guest roles. Her team is so tight lipped on this but a lil birdie said she’ll be starring in a Broadway musical play (music written by DFos). This will be a scoop for Kirstin Benson, hahaha! You can do your research right about now! for BB :)

Dan

Posted at 11:30 PM on February 15, 2011

I would like for her character to be the same as Tina’s, Santana’s, or Britney’s…ya know – just ‘there’ singing, with occasional storylines.

kendie

Posted at 8:25 PM on February 15, 2011

I’m confused about it too! I think she’s awesome, but maybe it would be too much exposure for her?? I love Charice!!!

vegemite

Posted at 2:01 PM on February 15, 2011

Yes I want Charice to become part of the regular cast, only for that fact that it will be a valuable vehicle for her to hone her acting skills. It won’t be realistic however, as i still want her to concentrate on making records and perform in concerts.

o.chanco

Posted at 12:10 PM on February 15, 2011

no i just want her to be recurring cast, but please make like 7 episodes more!

charlie

Posted at 9:24 AM on February 15, 2011

i voted yes, but i only want her as a recurring role but a lil more active as compared to this season just to expand her fanbase.

in addition, i dont think RM will cast her as a regular simply because she will outsing everyone in glee and the producers wont risk their main cast be overshadowed by this insanely talented lil lady.

apart from that.. it wouldnt be good for her career in the long run… as what we’ve seen in most telly shows… after some years, we’ll see an Entertainment Tonight segment of “GLEE: where are they now?”.. lol.. only one or two will still have a good career by then..

agno

Posted at 2:27 AM on February 15, 2011

there will be no sunshine in glee without CHARICE…

ela

Posted at 11:33 PM on February 14, 2011

glee has helped charice popularity but i would like her to have a recurring role instead of a mainstay cos she’s too busy with her singing, making new albums, tours etc…besides i rather want to see her singing live than studio recording.But if she will be back ,pls make it happen NOW!!tired of waiting :(

Zee

Posted at 11:20 PM on February 14, 2011

I voted yes cuz it would make Charice happy and it’s a great exposure to the young audience also making Rachel feel threatened. BUT as much as I love Charice, I think just a recurring role is just fine. What everyone is saying here I agree as well that Charice should focus on her music career.

Vegas gleek

Posted at 11:18 PM on February 14, 2011

Voted yes because I fell in love with Glee when I heard Sunshine Corazon . Naya shone on that valentine episode, love her too !

Fly N Dance

Posted at 10:44 PM on February 14, 2011

I don’t like Charice to get too involved in Glee. She has so much talent to focus on one. I would love her to do more albums and singles so we can hear her often. Then she’ll do a world tour to get many people to experience her live. She’ll make a movie I hope. and guestings in Glee once in a while is more than enough for me.

kb117

Posted at 10:22 PM on February 14, 2011

I prefer a recurring guest star role for Charice, too. Charice would too busy to focus on just an acting project. Charice main love is still her music.

kendie

Posted at 8:26 PM on February 15, 2011

I think probably you are right about this..

screech

Posted at 10:16 PM on February 14, 2011

As much as I want to see Charice as a regular on Glee, I respectfully voted No as well.
Let’s face it, the mainstays of Glee, will be stuck there and will gain little to no chance to prosper if and when the show ends.
Charice’s star is still soaring high, don’t want to ruin her bright future and pursuing other opportunities. That would be an injustice to this

Posted at 10:09 PM on February 14, 2011

i love charice i voted yes and no ..idk what to choose though ahhahahahaha

narnia

Posted at 11:01 PM on February 14, 2011

I’m confused. so i voted yes and no too. LOL but one thing is for sure, i will definitely support her 100%.. recurring or regular.. doesn’t matter as long as i see my Sunshine again!

Joefet Tamayo

Posted at 10:07 PM on February 14, 2011

I can’t wait to see her again back on gLee!! :)

it took ages already ha? lol

Bay3450

Posted at 10:01 PM on February 14, 2011

I’m big fan of Charice. Glee is only her side job. I voted NO because I enjoy watching Charice sings LIVE better than in studio.

Gwen

Posted at 9:33 PM on February 14, 2011

When is Charice appearing again? :(

JR

Posted at 9:20 PM on February 14, 2011

I’m a big fan of Charice, and as much as I want to see more of her, I had to vote NO! Glee is prerecorded plus autotune. My girl is about live singing. I say keep the recurring role so she will have time for other projects and visit other countries so everyone will have a chance for a Charice live experience.

kendie

Posted at 8:27 PM on February 15, 2011

wait, what??

NoNoNo

Posted at 8:43 PM on February 14, 2011

With all respect to Glee, but Charice has so much talent it cannot be contained just in glee alone. She has to travel around the world and create more songs and more music. She has to share that gift beyond just glee!

MDR

Posted at 8:19 PM on February 14, 2011

Nice scoop Kirstin! If its true then ‘am sure Ed Shapiro got her a fab deal otherwise she’s great doin guest starring roles! I heard she’s got a couple of BIG projects coming! :)

kendie

Posted at 8:27 PM on February 15, 2011

what are the big projects??

Yojan

Posted at 8:13 PM on February 14, 2011

I’d love to see her become a regular on Glee..It’s just that, I think her main focus is her music career and I don’t think becoming a full-time actress through Glee is part of her team’s plans coz it’s gonna eat up so much of her time. A guest starring/ recurring role until season 3 for Sunshine would be enough to make me happy! Hah! Thanks, Kirstin! :)

PS: I ♥ Naya!