Many of Hollywood’s biggest stars have been exploited in nude scandals, while other celebs used them to their advantage!
Sex sells, but does it pay? Kim Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens and more celebrities have had private (nude) pictures and videos released without their consent, and while the leak sometimes pays off, other times the stars simply get screwed. Browse HollywoodLife.com‘s gallery of celebrities who benefited from their unforeseen exposure, and the poor victims who would rather have kept covered up.
Stars who were exploited:
- Ke$ha, 23: The X-rated photos of the pop sensation were leaked online just as Ke$ha was at the peak of her fame, and even though she posed for these private pics, we’re sure she’s mortified by having them seen by the world.
- Hayley Williams, 22: Pop-punk princess Hayley used the “Someone hacked my Twitter!” defense when these topless pictures were leaked, and they certainly look like she did not take them for all to see.
- Vanessa Hudgens, 22: Several batches of photos of the teen queen leaked, which did not settle well with many of her Disney fans. She later said she was “embarrassed over the situation.”
- Rihanna, 22: Several personal, self-taken nudes were leaked online just months after the leak of photos detailing her abuse at the hands of Chris Brown.
- JWoww, 23: The Jersey Shore queen says she was under anesthesia after a breast augmentation and liposuction when the ex-boyfriend Tom Lippolis took naked photos of her.
- Jessica Alba, 29: These leaked cell phone photos, taken when she was pregnant, were released months after a digitized nude scene she had in 2010′s Machete.
- Ashley Greene, 23: Although Ashley had her lawyers take legal action against websites which published her leaked nude photos, she fronted a nude body paint campaign months later for SoBe.
- Danielle Staub, 48: This Real Housewives of New Jersey star claims she had a sex tape stolen from her and put up for sale by Hustler.
Stars who benefited:
- Kim Kardashian, 30: Although her infamous sex tape with Ray J was released without her consent, Kim arguably made a career out of the traction the tape gave her image, culminating with an intentional Playboy spread in 2007.
- Camille Grammer, 47: She may regret the decision now, but the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star posed for Playboy and filmed two softcore pornographic films in the ’90s.
- Paris Hilton, 29: Paris claimed her sex tape, marketed as 1 Night In Paris, was released without her knowledge, but it certainly did nothing to diminish her image as a professional party girl.
- Pamela Anderson, 43: A leaked sex tape of her and then-husband Tommy Lee from their honeymoon was stolen and released, but its popularity only gave the Playboy pinup (and Home Improvement starlet) a higher profile.
- Kendra Wilkinson, 25: Vivid Entertainment recovered a video of the Kendra star having sex with an man later found out to be Justin Frye. Kendra was going to sue, but reports say she will be making nearly $700,000 from the film’s release.
- Lindsay Lohan, 24: Lindsay posed for New York Magazine as Marilyn Monroe in a recreation of the famous nude pictorial “The Last Sitting.”