Browse our gallery & tell us: Do you have less respect for stars who got their starts on sex tapes?
We all make mistakes — but in the cases of these five celebrities, sometimes those mistakes can lead to big bucks and worldwide fame! Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian are among the tabloid staples who owe much of their notoriety to “leaked” sex tapes, which led to reality shows… among other things. Join us as we walk down Sex Tape Memory Lane, and tell us which celeb YOU think shamelessly profited the most.
- Though we have yet to feast our eyes on any of these gems, Camille Grammer starred in several softcore pornos back in the ’90s — and when her Real Housewives of Beverly Hills discovered stills of the movies online, they e-mailed the photos to each other! Can’t say we blame them.
- A sex tape starring Kim Kardashian and then-boyfriend Ray J was released by Vivid Entertainment in 2007. Kim eventually settled with the porn giant in court for about $5 million.
- Though the tape was released after she hit it big on The Real Housewives of New Jersey, reality TV villainess Danielle Staub starred in an X-rated home movie — and she filmed it herself!
- This one’s a doozy! Kendra Wilkinson — who got her start as one of Hugh Hefner‘s main Playboy Bunnies — claimed her sex tape was “leaked” when it hit the web in May 2010, though RadarOnline.com was quick to report that Kendra had actually planned to sell the tape herself back in 2008! Shameless, or what?
- And there’s the princess of celebrity sex tapes: Paris Hilton! Her raunchy home video, marketed as One Night in Paris by its co-star Rick Solomon, hit the internet in 2003 — one week before Paris’ show, The Simple Life, premiered on FOX.