An eyewitness tells HollywoodLife.com the couple ‘snuggled up’ during a family lunch on New Year’s Eve!
Hollywood was rocked in October when 49-year-old Billy Ray Cyrus and wife Tish announced they were ending their 18 year marriage — but photos have surfaced from a Dec. 31 lunch in Tennessee, and we’re wondering if Billy Ray and Tish are on the road to reconciliation.
A source tells HollywoodLife.com that Billy Ray and Tish — along with daughter Noah Cyrus, son Braison and a few friends — dined on pizza at the Mellow Mushroom in downtown Franklin, Tenn., and the meal seemed “totally casual.”
“Billy Ray was trying to be incognito in sunglasses, but his mullet gives him away,” our source tells us. “They were all in bright spirits, laughing and smiling. They were dining in a booth. Tish and Billy Ray were sitting next to each other. There wasn’t much room and they were snuggled up next to each other. Billy Ray paid for everyone.”
Our source made a few other interesting observations, as well:
- “They were in an amazing mood. They acted like a new couple, rather then a couple that has been married and was seeking a divorce.”
- “It really seemed like they were a couple. They weren’t kissing at any point, but were very comfy with each other; there was zero awkwardness. They were laughing and carrying on and having a good time.”
- “They were there with their daughter and a few friends, very much in the holiday spirit, and they were overheard saying they had a nice Christmas.”
- “They were also overheard saying ‘Merry Christmas’ to the staff as they left.”
- “They never once looked like they were faking emotion to make it look like something it wasn’t in front of their friends and daughter. They really seemed to be bonding very well.”
We told you back in December that the couple might be putting their divorce on hold, as more than 30 days had passed since Billy Ray filed for divorce and Tish had not yet been served with papers. Legal experts told us this meant the papers had expired. If the divorce is to proceed, Billy Ray will have to file again.
After seeing these latest photos, we reached out to the offices of Billy Ray’s attorney Robert Jackson, who offered no comment. We also reached out to the Chancery Court Of Williamson County, and a spokesperson confirmed that no new divorce proceedings had been filed.