It’s never easy to shop for your man, but Jennifer Williams’ suggestions will hopefully help you out this year — especially if he’s a sports fanatic!
Are you wondering what to get your boyfriend or husband for the holidays this year? Well, if he’s a sports fanatic and/or an athlete, try out one of these fabulous gift suggestions from Jennifer Williams, who stars in VH1′s Basketball Wives. Jen is married to former NBA player Eric Williams, so she is in the know on what to get your sports guy!
Here are the gifts Jennifer suggests:
1. Massage Chair: “I’d say some type of a massaging chair or even if it’s not the full chair but something like that,” says Jennifer. “I think that’s good because they’re always injured and they need a little rub down.” Try Homedics Swedish Massage Cushion with Heat at Bed Bath & Beyond for $99.99.
2. Cologne: “There’s definitely something about a man smelling good that turns me on,” Jennifer confesses. “But don’t be overly excessive — I don’t need to smell you when you walk off the elevator. Don’t leave this trail behind.” Jennifer suggests one of Creed’s colognes. Try a 1 oz. bottle of Creed Original Vetiver for $130.
3. A Dumbbell Set: “I know the guys, they like weights,” she says. Sports Authority offers an Atlus 32 LB Dumbbell Set for $49.99.
4. Cook him a steak dinner: “Most guys like steak,” explains Jennifer. “So cook a nice hearty steak with some vegetables (maybe asparagus and mashed potatoes).” Try Good Housekeeping‘s recipe for Flank Steak with Red Wine. Prices will vary depending on your grocery.
5. Gym Membership: “That’s a good idea because guys love to go work out,” tells Jennifer. 24 Hour Fitness offers a 2 Year All-Club Sport Membership for $369.99 (that’s about $15.41 per month).
6. Undies: “With athletes you have to be really creative,” says Jennifer. “One year, my husband, he would go on the road and he would always throw his boxers away because he didn’t want to bring home dirty underwear. And I’m like, ‘Hello, those Calvin Kleins cost $20 a pop. What are you doing?’ So, one Christmas I bought him a whole bunch of boxers.” Try Calvin Klein classic 2 pack boxer brief set in white for $32.50
Jen’s big no no: “Definitely don’t buy them shoes because they’ll walk out of your life,” she laughs.
Also, if you are looking for a small gift for yourself, be sure to keep an eye out for Jennifer’s new Lucid lip gloss line that will be available in early 2011!