Just three out of the 20 relationships that formed because of ‘The Bachelor/Bachelorette’ have lasted. With an 85-percent failure rate are Brad and Emily doomed?
After going on The Bachelor for the second time, Brad Womack finally met the love of his life — Emily Maynard. But since they got engaged back in November, the couple has broken up multiple times. And now that they are finally a public couple, Emily says she’s not ready to get married yet and refuses to move to Austin for Brad. Could this mean that they are right on track to joining the 17 other failed Bachelor/Bachelorette couples?
The most shocking Bachelor breakups to date:
- Jake Pavelka and Vienna Girardi. Jake and Vienna got engaged on the show, but broke up in June 2010. They pretended to stay together for a month longer to keep up appearances — but Vienna was soon seen out with Greek star Gregory Michael.
- Jason Mesnick and Melissa Rycroft. Jason proposed to Melissa, but broke things off with her a month later to marry runner-up Molly Malaney!
- Lorenzo Borghese and Jennifer Wilson. This couple didn’t get engaged, but stayed in a relationship for a few months. They split up in January 2007.
- DeAnna Pappas and Jesse Csincsak. Jesse proposed to DeAnna on The Bachelorette. DeAnna dumped Jesse so that she could pursue a career in Hollywood.
- Jesse Palmer and Jessica Bowlin. They did not get engaged. They broke up in 2004, just months after the show ended.
- Andrew Firestone and Jen Schefft. Andrew, the third Bachelor, seemed to be so in love with Jen. But they broke up. They are both married to different partners today.
- Jillian Harris and Ed Swiderski. The couple ended their engagement in 2010. It’s rumored that Jillian couldn’t handle other girls hitting on her man.
- Andy Baldwin and Tessa Horst. Andy and Tessa called off their engagement in 2007, but remained a couple for a few months after before throwing in the towel.
Bachelorette Trista Rehn and Ryan Sutter and Jason and Molly are the only two couples from the franchise to get married so far. Ali Fedotowsky is still with Roberto Martinez, but they still have yet to say, “I do.”
Are Brad and Emily the next on this long ladder downwards? Tell us what you think!