Posted Mon, March 14, 2011 11:16pm EST

'Bachelor' Brad Womack Engaged? Emily Won't Move To Austin & Not Wearing Ring!

Posted Mon, March 14, 2011 11:16pm EST

Their wedding was planned to take place on ‘ATFR’ — but while Emily says she loves Brad, she is not ready to get married at this time! Could the magic be gone?

Uh oh! There’s already trouble in paradise for new Bachelor couple Brad Womack and Emily Maynard. Despite getting engaged on the show, they admit that they’ve had some “volatile fights” since filming ended. They even broke up for a little bit because of Brad’s temper. Now Emily says she won’t move to Austin. And she wasn’t wearing a ring on the After The Final Rose special episode that aired after the season finale on March 14.
“Right now, I love you, but no [I’m not  ready to get married],” Emily tells Brad. “I wish I was. But we have some things we need to figure out like how we fight, how we communicate.”

Brad agrees. “I can lose my temper,” he admits. “I regret getting to the chance of letting her feel anything less than love.”

And while they have been figuring each other out, Brad has been trying to keep Emily calm while watching the show every week.

“He fell in love pretty early on,” Emily explains. “I just feel like some of that stuff should have been saved for me.”

So Emily is trying to take things slow — and that’s why she is not moving across the country to Brad’s hometown of Austin just yet.

But yes, Brad and Emily are still a couple — and they both agree that they are still engaged and will get married one day. And the reason Emily wasn’t wearing the ring was because it was being sized!

“I’ve always been engaged to this woman,” Brad says. “I’m not letting her go. I’m fighting for her. I finally found my girl. She has my heart — always will.”

“It’s certainly not all roses, but I’m confident about how I feel about him,” Emily says.”I really do love him.”

- Lindsey DiMattina

Maureen

Posted at 4:46 PM on June 15, 2012

Marriage is a step of faith, there are no guarantees. If you really love each other get on with it
T

BabYcupZ!!!!!

Posted at 12:39 PM on May 27, 2012

Argh!!!!!!!I think all of those women weren’t good enough for him!!!!!!!!your`ll all make it seem like everybodys perfect!!!!!!!!brad is indeed a lovely man,with his up and downs!!!!!!!!!

Sandy Maywald

Posted at 12:48 PM on July 6, 2011

wow Brad is going to break up

selena

Posted at 11:06 PM on May 19, 2011

you do realize she wasnt wearing the ring cuz brad had to get her a smaller size and he gave it to her l8r in the show rite u should really watch the show before makin ur pointless posts

Sandy Maywald

Posted at 12:49 PM on July 6, 2011

Your right slegna

Laura

Posted at 4:30 PM on March 22, 2011

I agree with Nichole she is so right! Brad wouldnt have picked Emily for no reason! Its beacause he loves her and still does!

Lori Evans

Posted at 11:45 AM on March 17, 2011

I don’t mean to be unkind, but Emily’s voice would drive me crazy – I can’t even imagine hearing that voice for the rest of my life eventho she’s absolutely beautiful ——

Sandra

Posted at 4:24 PM on March 16, 2011

Brad went on the show for the money and not to find love like he claimed. He chose Emily knowing that it won’t work and therefore saved his purpose, and on the other hand he won’t look bad like 2007 season. This dude is something else!

Nicole

Posted at 10:16 PM on March 15, 2011

All the people that are saying brad made a bad choice, well y’all are stupid, and obviously don’t understand her, she loves brad, she doesnt want to marry right now because she is getting everything together. ER and little rikki are still getting things together. Idiots!!!

WheresTheLove

Posted at 6:33 PM on March 15, 2011

They are so done. All last night was insults back and forth to each other. She’s a fake and he was too stupid to see her for what she really is. Typical man…she has all the traits he told the other three, Ashley H., Michelle M. and Chantal, he didn’t want. And he gets the nut crusher who emasculates him on National TV. It’s kinda funny.

sunbeamz

Posted at 12:27 AM on March 16, 2011

LMAO, U ARE SO RITE, KINDA GLAD THOUGH BRAD IS A SUPERFICIAL JERK!!!!

sugerblosson

Posted at 4:53 PM on March 15, 2011

he should love her decision no matter wat happens lil ricky should come first

sunbeamz

Posted at 12:33 AM on March 16, 2011

EM WASN’T THINKING BOUT LIL RICKY WHEN SHE WAS GONE, UM, LET ME SEE FOR HOW MANY WEEKS? TO FIND FAME NOT A MAN. TO ALL U FANTACY LAND PEOPLE , PLEASE TAKE THE BLIND FOLDS OFF AND RECOGNIZE THE PHONY THAT IS RITE IN OF YO EYES.

Danielle

Posted at 12:20 PM on March 15, 2011

YES, BRAD IS MOODY AND YES HE HAS AN ANGER PROBLEM!! EMILY KNOWS IT TOO AND THAT’S WHY SHE HASN’T MARRIED HIM YET!

Danielle

Posted at 12:19 PM on March 15, 2011

I

Mandagirl

Posted at 11:57 AM on March 15, 2011

Brad picked the RIGHT women… Y’all are crazzzy. She has a daughter and just wants to see how things go after everyone knows and wants to work on their relationship before they say I do.. That’s a good idea. They are definitely going to make it.

sugerblosson

Posted at 4:55 PM on March 15, 2011

i agree if he loves her he will understand

yerty

Posted at 9:46 AM on March 15, 2011

My friends told me about ~~~Blac k’ Whi te’ Flir ts. C’ 0- M ~~~told It’s the best place to meet black white sing les. Come in and stay a while. Complete your profil e. Post a message, a pic ture of yourself and check out the photo galleri es.

Give it a try, you will have a d at e soon ;)
@@@@

amy

Posted at 9:23 AM on March 15, 2011

I was shocked by all this!!! I hope Emily is real about Brad, He gave up Chantal who would have married him at a drop of a dime, I rooted for Emily all along felt Chantal was not right, shady, but I hope this don’t bite Brad in the Butt1!!I dont think em would play him cause of ricki but maybe that is the reason Brad could be played. I hope for the best!!!!! Em deserves happy and Brad, just believe in their selves and forget the rest!!!!

Olivia

Posted at 7:31 AM on March 15, 2011

SHE DOESN’T LOVE HIM AND WILL NEVER MARRY HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT’S BLATENTLY, PAINFULLY OBVIOUS. She will never settle down with him. SHE’S STILL IN LOVE WITH HER DEAD EX-LOSER. She is sooooo fake. Poor Brad is going to get his heart broken.

sunbeamz

Posted at 12:36 AM on March 16, 2011

CHECK MATE

Carla

Posted at 3:53 AM on March 15, 2011

Emily give me a break “no man is perfect.” Brad loves you and is very vulnerable with you.

Tabitha Guthrie

Posted at 2:52 AM on March 15, 2011

Brad is so DUMBBBBB! He totally chose the wrong girl just because he knew she wasnt ready. Chantel is very lucky that he didnt choose her because she would have gotten very bored with his lack of personality! Chantel is sooo much better off!!

Shelly

Posted at 2:45 AM on March 15, 2011

If I were Emily I would just get it over with and make a clean fast break….far away from Brad. He is not cute at all. His family is DUMB……Chantel is lucky he dumped her.

Rox

Posted at 1:55 AM on March 15, 2011

NEVER marry a moody person!….Emily, you already aid “You’re sorry” when all you did was voice your concerns about whether Brad could handle the yucky stuff about being a dad. He could even handle you TALKING about it!….And poke the bear?????? This was my first marriage….nothing but ‘sorrys’ and ‘pussyfooting’…….I hope you read this and heed my advice….RUN EMILY RUN!

Maria

Posted at 9:20 AM on March 15, 2011

I agree with you. I see big red flags. I had the same aahaa moment when she apologized after talking to Brad about raising a daughter. I am coming out of a marriage like that. Always walking on egg shells, never knowing when he gets mad. Run Baby Run, listen to the girls who are 20 years older and experienced this.

DANIELLE

Posted at 12:26 PM on March 15, 2011

You too Maria! I had that aahaa moment and it sent chills up my spine!!

DANIELLE

Posted at 12:25 PM on March 15, 2011

I agree with you Rox!! are we the only one’s that see this??????

Kat

Posted at 1:32 AM on March 15, 2011

Brad picked the wrong woman! It is obvious that Emily doesn’t really love him and she’ll never let him in. Plus, they don’t have anywhere near the chemistry that he and Chantal had! I think Brad’s family owes him a huge apology. I couldn’t believe the women in his family saying how great it would be if he married Emily because she’s already a mom so she gets it and they’ll be closer. The show wasn’t about finding someone for Brad’s family to love; it was about Brad finding the love of his life and that obviously isn’t Emily. Even tonight, Emily had a hard time being positive about the relationship and she seemed to have a VERY difficult time saying they would get married one day. Poor Brad…I give it six months and he’ll be wishing he’d picked Chantal…if he isn’t already.

Nancy

Posted at 1:10 AM on March 15, 2011

I feel that Brad is very vain, and has regarded himself as a real”catch” and for the first time in his life, Emily actually has called him on many factors as she is trying to find a man that is going to first and foremost be a wonderful, gentle and loving father to her daughter and love and respect her as well.Chantel is a lovely girl but came on so strong, and fell so hard and fast that I think she turned Brad off. She became just another notch on his dashboard due to his vanity. I don’t believe Emily will have a future with Brad in the end and the way he was so fickle with whatever girl he was on a date with, I do not think he would be the responsible, reliable man she needs in the end. I applaud her common sense and reserve.

Pat

Posted at 2:50 PM on March 15, 2011

I actually applaud Emily. This is the first open and honest response I’ve seen in a long time. Emily realizes that once the camera men go home, that it’s just going to be she, Brad, and her daughter. Why in God’s name would anyone want to set a wedding date when you’re not really sure how and if your relationship is going to last once the show ends. I honestly don’t think wedding rings should be given. Maybe some type of token to establish a desire to really get to know each other better…and allow the test of time to determine whether it’s true love or merely infactuation. If Brad and Emily truly love each other, they’ll openly and honestly seek to remain together. When you consider the track record of many previously couples, one can understand Emily’s concerns. Having said all that, the problem is these reality shows just aren’t the best way to meet your soul mate!

Paula

Posted at 12:15 AM on March 15, 2011

At first I was so saddened that Brad did not pick the wonderful and beautiful Chantel O’Brien. But then it was disclosed by Emily herself that Brad has a bad temper. She admitted to one herself. So courteous Brad Womack and Sweet Emily Maynard are not what they appear to be? I think they will not last the year, mark these words. They are simply doomed. As for Chantel, I think she handled Brads rejection with grace and courage and decency. Chantel really comes out the winner here as her life with the ill tempered Brad would have only cause her way more pain than not being chosen did. Can you imagine living with the erratic hot head Brad? Chantel you had an angel watching over you for sure when you came in second. Count your Blessings.

guest

Posted at 1:47 AM on March 16, 2011

Chantel is emotionally unstable, she cries at the drop of a hat and she is needy. She doesn’t seem to know how to live without man in her life and jumps from man to man. Look at the facts: she got married very young, got divorced just before filming the show and then right away fell in love with Brad. She lost Brad and already found a new guy. If I were a guy and knew her history, I would be concerned getting involved with her. I don’t think she and Brad would last either. It would be emotional roller-coaster for both of them. But Chantel’s unhealthy tendencies and reactions aside, I think Brad is a lost cause for all women. I was hoping Em would lose him during the show but it didn’t happen. I hope Emily is keeping her head on her shoulders. She needs to think about her daughter first and foremost.

Ginger

Posted at 11:59 PM on March 14, 2011

I seriously doubt this relationship will last… They may get paid to get married and I know that won’t last either. I haven’t seen one of these couples last at all except Trisha and Ryan… =0) But who knows too.

MARY

Posted at 11:50 PM on March 14, 2011

just go ahead with the marriage. i have 2 children from a previous marriage and the most wonderful man entered my life 18 years later and two more children, i am still the happiest woman. i know he loves me and no it wont always be roses, but he is the most important man in my life and i know no matter what he will always love me, even with my hot headed temper and his ,it always works out in the end, you just have to give and take.

Sneaky Senior Bull- Jimbo

Posted at 11:07 AM on March 16, 2011

I only occasionally watch this program as my wife is a more regular follower. Personally, I feel the whole show is a sham and the women derserve what they get, usually a flake. Someone 36 years old snd not committed prior probably has had a regular stream of women and may have been treated multiple times for certain diseases as well. No sane person even patially in their right mind would expect to go on a show 6 weeks and expect loyalty and true love from the chosen one who probably bed more thast 1/2 the cast and expect trust You are all out of your minds. The show is garbage and exploits women and should be removed form the tube. Same for the Bachelorette for the men. Most do it for the notority period.

cadreamin'

Posted at 11:33 AM on March 16, 2011

Run Emily Run !! If Brad can’t control his temper at 38 he will never learn !
Get out before his temper turns into something physical. A bad temper is
not acceptable !! GET OUT NOW !

fran stevens

Posted at 10:23 PM on March 18, 2011

This is one of the reasons that brad and em are like they are. Everyone is so negative about them . Leave them be. I think both of them are in love with each other, and time will bring that out. Everyone has a past and a temper, and who ever says they don;t are liers. I wish them the very best and hope that they can work and learn about each other. Look at Ali and Roberto, they are just now getting married and its been how long, and I bet the ones talking about Em and Brad are the ones that talked about Ali and Roberto. So back off and leve them alone. Go live your own life.