This is such a sad situation! A new report claims the woman who had an affair with Arnold Schwarzenegger and bore his love child was a housekeeper in his home named Mildred Baena.
UPDATE: Two sources claim Arnold’s mistress is a 50-year-old housekeeper named Mildred Baene, reports RadarOnline She worked with the family for 20 years before reportedly retiring in January. Arnold Schwarzenegger, 63, has just revealed he cheated on his wife of 25-years Maria Shriver, 55, and had a son with the other woman. The former Governor of California and his wife announced their separation just one week ago and now Arnold is revealed a scandalous secret that he’s kept for more than 10 years!
“After leaving the governor’s office I told my wife about this event, which occurred over a decade ago,” Arnold released in a statement to the LA Times. “I understand and deserve the feelings of anger and disappointment among my friends and family. There are no excuses and I take full responsibility for the hurt I have caused. I have apologized to Maria, my children and my family. I am truly sorry. I ask that the media respect my wife and children through this extremely difficult time. While I deserve your attention and criticism, my family does not.”
Reportedly, Arnold had the child with a household staff member who had worked for the Schwarzenegger family for over 20 years.
Maria moved out of the family’s Brentwood mansion earlier this year after Arnold finished up his role as the Governor of California.
A spokesperson for Maria had “no comment.”
Maria and Arnold met in 1977, and were introduced by NBC’s Tom Brokaw at a charity tennis tournament, and were married in 1986. Together they have four children: Katherine Eunice, 21, Christina Maria Aurelia, 18, Patrick Arnold, 17, Christopher Sargent, 13.
Here are some of the highlights from Arnold & Maria’s marriage:
- Met in 1977, when NBC’s Tom Brokaw introduced Shriver to Schwarzenegger at a charity tennis tournament.
- Arnold announces his decision to run for Governor on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno in August 2003.
- Maria left her job as an NBC News correspondent after Arnold took office.
- In 2008, Maria endorsed Barack Obama while Arnold backed Arizona Sen. John McCain.
- Maria presided over the state’s annual California Governor’s Conference on Women and Families
- The two celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary on April 26.
— Chloe Melas
Get more from our BFF’s at Glamour.com!