Between the 2011 Young Hollywood Awards, the Billboard Music Awards and red carpet premieres, there was plenty of hairstyles to choose from, but these are my top 5!
Selena Gomez, Angelina Jolie, Nicole Kidman, Rihanna and Ashley Benson all get style points this week for their fabulous hair. See all of the pics and tell me which star has your vote for number one!
Selena’s long hair at the Billboard Music Awards was super sleek. See how you can get long hair with extensions here.
Angelina’s low-maintenance loose curls were the product of Adam Campbell’s artistry at the Prive Salon in LA. See how he created her (and Brad’s!) hair here.
Nicole’s adorable side braid is perfect for summer and you can learn how to create one for yourself with this video tutorial!
Rihanna wore her bright red hair short for the Billboard Music Awards. If you want to go red this summer, you need to read about Blake Lively‘s red hair secrets straight from her colorists’ mouth!
Ashley’s high messy bun keeps her hair off of her neck, but still looks super chic! Sarah Rappolt, Senior Stylist and Bumble and bumble Downtown Salon, shows YOU can to create the look!
“This is a great style for looking dressed up without being too complicated and it actually works great on second or third-day hair,” says Sarah. “Also, if you have a short cut, putting it up like this will give the illusion of having more hair.”
- “Start by applying a bit of volumizer like Bumble and bumble Thickening Hairspray to damp hair to give a bit of texture and grip (you won’t be able to get achieve this look with squeaky clean hair). Blow-dry hair loosely using only your fingers.”
- “Next, pull hair back into a high ponytail and secure at the base with an elastic. To get the texture and volume needed for the bun, apply a bit of flexible hold hairspray to the ponytail and backcomb a bit.”
- “Grip the pony loosely at the end, twist slightly to gather the hair, then wrap it around its base. Secure with five to eight 1-3/4″ hair pins.”
- “To finish, mist some Bumble and bumble Spray de Mode all over then use your fingers to slightly loosen the hair on the sides and top of the head. This will give that softer, dryer texture that Ashley has here.”
See More Red Carpet Hairstyles!
- Angelina Jolie And Brad Pitt Get Their Hair Done Together — Find Out How They Were Styled!
- Selena Gomez Has Bouncy Beach Waves — Get Her Tousled Tresses With Salt Spray!
- Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift, Fergie & More! See The Billboard Music Awards Best Beauties!