NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The “JCPenney Correspondent Search” Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least thirteen (13) years old at the time of entry, except for residents of Maine who must be at least 18 years of age or older. If entrant has not reached the age of majority in his/her primary state of residence at the time of entry into the Promotion (19 years old if a resident of Alabama or Nebraska, 21 years old if a resident of Mississippi, and 18 years old in all other states), then entrant must obtain Parental Consent in order to be eligible to enter the Promotion. Parental Consent occurs when the parent or legal guardian of a minor entrant between the age of 13 and the age of legal majority in the state of entrant’s residence grants permission for the entrant to participate and agrees on behalf of himself/herself and the minor entrant to these Official Rules. Employees of Hollywoodlife.com LLC, Mail.com Media Corporation, JCPenney, and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This Contest is void outside of the 50 United States, in Puerto Rico, all other US territories and possessions and where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning this contest is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Contest Sponsor: JCP Media, Inc. 6501 Legacy Drive, Plano, TX 75024.
Prize Provider and Contest Administrator: HollywoodLife.com LLC, 9800 S. La Cienega Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90301.
3. Timing: The Entry Period begins on March 24, 2010 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on April 14, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Entry Period”). The final Audition Period begins on April 15, 2010 at 12:00 a.m. ET and ends on April 29, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Audition Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
Winner will be notified by May 4th, and must be available to travel May 12-14.
4. How to Enter:
The Contest consists of two parts, an Entry Period and a Final Audition Period consisting of either a short essay and photo or video response.
To enter part one, simply visit http://www.hollywoodlife.com at any time during the Entry Period and follow the links and instructions in order to complete and submit the registration. At the end of part one, fifty (50) contestants will randomly advance to part two, the audition round.
Limit: Each participant may enter only once per day (1/day) during the Entry Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
To enter part two, you must first be selected. If you are selected to advance on to part two simply follow the directions provided to you in your notification email in order to upload your essay, photo, or video response. All Entries must be received by 11:59 PM ET on the last day of the applicable Audition Period to be considered. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and Entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void. All Entries become the sole property of HollywoodLife.com and will not be returned.
Essay and photo, or video entry may NOT contain, as determined by HollywoodLife.com, in its sole discretion, any content that:
• is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
• promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
• is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
• appears to duplicate any other submitted Entries;
• defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
• contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as costumes, distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, without permission; contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
• contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission;
• contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without permission;
• contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead;
• communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which we wish to associate;
• violates YouTube.com’s Terms of Service – if responding via video upload. http://www.youtube.com/t/terms; and/or
• violates any law.
Entry must be the original work of the entrant, may not have been previously published, may not have won previous awards, and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. If the Entry contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant, and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the Entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the Entry by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules, including, without limitation, name and likeness permissions from any person who appears in or is identifiable in the Entry. If any minor appearing in the photo is not the child or legal ward of the entrant, entrant is responsible for obtaining written consent from such minor’s parent or legal guardian prior to submitting his/her Entry into this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any entrant at any time. Failure to provide such proof may, if requested, render Entry null and void. By submitting an Entry, entrant warrants and represents that he/she and any persons appearing or who are identifiable in the Entry consent to the submission and use of the Entry in the Contest and to its use as otherwise set forth herein.
By submitting an Entry, entrant hereby irrevocably and in perpetuity grants all right, title, and ownership in the Entry to Sponsor, and Sponsor shall be free to use, distribute, disseminate, display or otherwise exploit the Entry in anyway whatsoever, including the posting of the Entry on the websites http://www.HollywoodLife.com, http://www.mail.com, or upon any other websites, properties, and/or within any printed material in Sponsors sole and absolute discretion. Entrant agrees that Released Parties (as defined in section 10) are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entries by third parties. Released Parties do not guarantee the posting of any Entry.
By submitting an Entry, entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor may obtain other Entries under this Contest or have developed on its own through other third parties ideas and material that may be similar or identical to the Entry submitted by entrant, and entrant waives any and all claims he/she may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future, that any other Entry reviewed and/or used by Sponsor may be similar to his/her Entry.
5. Prize Drawing: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
Part One: Administrator will randomly select fifty (50) contestants from all eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period, on or around the dates specified in Section 3 above. These fifty contestants will be notified by email that they have been selected to advance on to part two and will have until the end of the Audition Period to submit their essay and photo or video entry response.
Part Two: All eligible Entries received for the Audition Period will be judged by HollywoodLife.com equally in its sole and absolute discretion, on any and/or all of the following criteria: originality and creativity. The Entry with the highest score, as determined by HollywoodLife.com in its sole and absolute discretion, will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner. In the event of a tie, an additional, “tie-breaking” judge will determine the winner for that Entry Period based on the criteria listed herein. HollywoodLife.com reserves the right not to award the prize for any Entry Period if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries for that Entry Period. Prize awards are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Judges’ and Administrator’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest.
The potential grand prize winner will be notified by email, mail or phone by May 4th. Each potential grand prize winner (parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) may be required to sign and return to Administrator, within 72 hours of the time notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (“Affidavit”) in order to claim his/her/the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within 72 hours, fails to sign and return the Affidavit within the required time period, or cannot travel to the event, potential winner forfeits prize. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Administrator will award the applicable prize to eligible runner-up right up to the date of the event until the prize has been awarded or until time expires, in which case prize will remain un-awarded.
6. Grand Prize & Odds of Winning: One (1) Grand Prize consisting of a trip for 2 to Los Angeles, CA to attend the 12th annual Young Hollywood Awards on May 13, 2010. The Grand Prize includes:
• Round trip air transportation for 2 to Los Angeles, CA;
• 2 tickets to the Young Hollywood Awards on May 13, 2010;
• 2 nights’ standard hotel accommodations (double occupancy);
• Ground transportation between the airport and hotel;
• Ground transportation between the hotel and the awards;
• Evening apparel by JCPenney (winner only);
• Official JCPenney Correspondent status
• An opportunity to interview 2-3 celebrities on the red carpet;
• A chance to mingle with Hollywood stars attending the event;
Note: Ground transportation in residence city to and from airport will not be provided.
The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $3,000.00. The actual value will depend on the Grand Prize winner’s city of departure. If winner lives within 100 miles of destination city, airfare portion of prize will be forfeited with no additional compensation being paid in exchange therefore. Winner must travel on the dates we specify or winner will forfeit the trip, the awards, and all other portions of the prize. The exact travel dates will depend upon the date of the awards. Travel times, airline and hotel are at administrators’ sole discretion. The winner will be: (a) responsible for paying all costs and expenses related to the prize that are not specifically mentioned, including, but not limited to, taxes, food and beverages not included in prize package, additional ground transportation, gratuities, and any other expenses that might reasonably be incurred by the winner in receiving or using the prize; and (b) required to submit his/her social security number or tax payer ID number to us in order to claim the prize. If the awards do not occur for any reason, the remaining components of the Grand Prize will be awarded to the winner, and we will not substitute or compensate you further in place of the premiere. No transfer or substitution for the Grand Prize allowed except at Administrator’s sole discretion. No substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent of the Grand Prize is permitted, except Administrator reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the Grand Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason, in Administrator’s sole discretion.
If the winner or his or her guest engages in behavior that (as determined by Hollywood Life in Hollywood Life’s sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person (or if the Grand Prize winner or his or her guest has in the past engaged in such behavior and that becomes known to Hollywood Life), Hollywood Life may terminate the Young Hollywood Awards experience early, in whole or in part, and neither HollywoodLife.com nor the Sponsor will provide a substitution prize or compensation for the awards.
All legal responsibilities under the Rules of a Minor will be assumed by a Parent; and a Minor winner’s prize will be awarded in the name of the Parent for the benefit of the Minor. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:  potential winner’s failure to respond to notification within three (3) days;  the return of any notice or prize as undeliverable;  potential winners’ failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency;  potential winners’ failure to validly claim any prize by May 7, 2010;  potential winner’s failure to be available to make a Trip and  any other non-compliance with Rules. In the event of a prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner. The winner and his or her guest must travel together on same itinerary; and a Minor may not participate in the Trip unless accompanied by his/her Parent, in which case that will be the guest. Each guest will be required to execute and return a Release of Liability prior to ticketing. The winner is solely responsible for obtaining any and all necessary travel documents (valid photo I.D., credit card, etc.) before departure. All taxes are solely the responsibility of each winner; and the Grand Prize winner (or Parent, if winner is a minor) will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the value of their prize.
Odds of Winning: the odds of winning are dependent on the total number of entries received, as well as the number of contestants that choose to participate in the second round of the contest. Many will enter, only one (1) will win.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, JCPenney, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, provided that, if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate California State Court located in Los Angeles County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
13. Winner List: Winner List requests will only be accepted after the promotion end date (listed above) and no later than May 30, 2010. For the Winner List, visit the promotion website, complete the form at the bottom of the FAQ, and select “Win List Request” in the drop down.