All we want as the weather cools down is comfort food, and Hilary Duff has a DELICIOUS and HEALTHY stew that’s so good! Plus, she shares her favorite wines for entertaining this holiday season!
Hilary Duff, 30, is a working mom, but she still takes the time to cook healthy meals and prioritizes spending time with friends and family. It’s finally feeling like fall, at least here in NYC, and we are starting to crave cozy comfort food! “Warm, savory stews and a glass of red wine make the perfect cozy meal on a chilly evening,” Hilary says. “I love a hearty and healthy Bean and Chicken Sausage Stew paired with Callie Collection’s Fresh Red Blend. Making a soup or stew may seem intimidating, but it is actually incredibly easy — especially when you get your girls to help you! Sometimes we put the ‘group’ in ‘soup’ by asking each of my friends to bring one simple ingredient, like kale, chicken broth or olive oil. We then chop, chat, and sip Callie Collection’s Fresh Red Blend while the stew simmers, and enjoy our amazing meal together.”
Here’s Hilary’s stew recipe:
– 1 Tbsp olive oil
– 12 oz package fully cooked apple chicken sausage links
– 1 yellow onion
– 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
– 19 oz can cannellini beans, rinsed
– 14.5 oz can low-sodium chicken broth
– 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
– 1 bunch kale leaves
– 2 bay leaves
– Kosher salt and pepper to taste
– Step 1: Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Slice and add the sausages. Dice and add yellow onion. Cook, stirring until browned, about 2 to 3 minutes.
– Step 2: Add thinly sliced garlic and cook for 2 more minutes. Add the beans, broth, and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Add the kale, bay leaves, and salt and pepper to taste.
– Step 3: Simmer all ingredients, stirring occasionally for about 8 to 10 minutes or until kale is wilted.
– Step 4: Serve with a glass of Callie Collection Fresh Red Blend.”
HollywoodLifers, would you try Hilary Duff’s stew recipe?