Another look at Laci Peterson’s death and disappearance is coming to TV. Husband Scott, who was convicted of murdering his pregnant wife, will be the subject of a six-episode documentary series, ‘The Murder Of Laci Peterson,’ premiering on A&E on Aug. 15.
A&E is debuting a NEW six-episode documentary series, The Murder of Laci Peterson on Aug. 15, during which viewers will get another look at the death and disappearance of Laci Peterson. Her convicted husband, Scott Peterson, will also give his first interview in over a decade. Did Scott, who’s currently on death row, really kill his wife? Was he the last person to see Laci before she died? The documentary promises to answer all of those questions and more. And just in case you’re new to this story, take a look at five thing you should know about Laci, below!
1. Laci disappeared on Christmas Eve. Laci Peterson was reported missing on December 24, 2002. Husband Scott Peterson, 44, came home that day from a fishing trip to discover her keys and wallet were in the kitchen and her car was in the driveway — but there was no sign of Laci. He called all her friends to ask if they had seen her, and then Laci’s parents called the cops around 6PM.
2. Her body wasn’t found for four months. On the day she went missing, police, friends, and family members organized a search party. Helicopters, search dogs, rescue units, and horseback teams looked high and low for Laci’s body but never found her. Then, on April 14, 2003, her mutilated body was discovered washed up on the shore of the San Francisco Bay.
3. She was pregnant at the time of her death. Laci was 8-months pregnant when she disappeared. She and Scott already had the name Conner picked out for their unborn baby boy. The day after finding Laci’s body in the San Francisco Bay, they discovered a late-term male fetus in the same area.
4. A&E will revisit the highly-publicized murder. The Murder of Laci Peterson starts airing on August 15 at 10PM ET, and will run for 6 consecutive weeks. The limited documentary series features new interviews, interrogations, and detective work from Modesto, California specialists who’ve been analyzing this case for over a decade.
5. You can check out the trailer right now! In the chilling clip, which you can watch above, Scott says he’s innocent. In fact, he says there’s a lead that authorities failed to look into — once which may have proven his innocence.
HollywoodLifers, are you interested in watching the A&E series on Laci Peterson?