If you’re headed to Coachella, you need a hairstyle that can survive the weather, long hours on your feet, and lots of dancing. Get a gorgeous braid tutorial below!
Cricket’s brand ambassador and celebrity stylist Melissa Peverini has the perfect braided ponytail to keep your hair out of your face at Coachella.
Get the exact how to below.
“1. Prep wet hair with MOP Lemongrass Volume Whip. Blow dry hair upside down to give the underneath some lift. After it is 80% dry, flip your head over and finish drying with the Centrix Heat Boss Thermal Brush to heat-set random sections by twirling the hair off the brush.
2. Using the Cricket Ultra Smooth Professional Curling Iron, curl a section in one direction and then release it by twisting the hair as the iron slides off. Repeat with the next section, alternating directions.
3. Once curls are cooled, lightly rake through with the Ultra Smooth Coconut Detangler Comb.
4. French braid one side of the top of your head, loosening as you go along the shape of the head. Pin at the nape of the neck.
5. Tease the crown with the Amped Up Teasing Brush for added texture.
6. Gather hair into a pony, including the ends of the braided section. Secure tight with an elastic and loosen the crown to desired fullness.
7. Pull out hairs to frame the face and pull pony tight from underneath, not the top. This will keep the crown full. Spray with MOP C-System Firm Finish Hair Spray.
*TIP: This look is great with second or third-day hair. For extra texture and to cleanse your roots, spritz ABBA Always Fresh Dry Shampoo before styling.”
There you have it! And as she said, this works even better after spending a night in the desert.
HollywoodLifers, are you going to Coachella? Do you love his Coachella braids tutorial?