Ruby Rose showed off an electric eye makeup look on March 15, just before St. Patrick’s Day. Her makeup artist is breaking down the exact look below!
Ruby Rose looked sexy on March 15 at a launch party celebrating the upcoming Urban Decay Jean-Michel Basquiat collection at The Broad in Los Angeles. It’s all about beauty with an edge and Ruby is the definition of that slogan!
Makeup artist Jo Baker explained the look: “Brush stippled smoky cat eye with brazen blast of neon green!!”
To really show off the new makeup, Ruby wore all black. Her eyes had neon green on the inner corners and a pop of pink on her lids!
Here is the exact step by step to get Ruby’s look:
“1. Using the UD Pro Flat Eyeshadow Brush, apply light layer of Anti-Aging Eyeshadow Primer Potion across eyelid. Blend Eyeshadow in LES from the Basquiat Tenant Palette with the UD Pro Finger Brush into the crease of the lid and wing outward to create a hazy effect.
2. Next, generously line inner corners of eye with 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Post Punk. Then, layer Eyeshadow in EXU from the Basquiat Tenant Palette into lash line to make last.
3. Finally, with the UD Pro Large Eyeshadow Brush sweep Eyeshadow in Levitation from the Basquiat Gold Griot Palette across middle of the lid to blend the colors.
4. To create the artsy texture in the look, after applying Perversion Mascara, use the end of the wand and stipple splotches of mascara onto the dark eyeshadow near the root of the upper and lower lash lines.
5. Using the UD PRO Contour Definition Brush, swipe Jawbone from the Gallery Blush Palette to sculpt cheeks and add a subtle warmth to balance out the strong eye.
6. Complete the look by swiping Vice Lipstick in Abstract for a natural finish.
7. For the party — use the UD Pro Large Eyeshadow Brush to apply Eyeshadow in 1960 to the middle of the eyelid.”
HollywoodLifers, do you love Ruby Rose’s green eye makeup for St. Patrick’s Day?