Gabrielle Union showed off a brand new bob at the ESSENCE Black Women in Hollywood Awards on Feb. 23 in Beverly Hills, California. Get the details below!
We love a hair makeover! Gabrielle Union showed off a dramatic one just before the Oscars at the ESSENCE Black Women in Hollywood event.
She was actually the host and wrote on Instagram: “Magical night hosting the @essence #BlackWomenInHollywood awards! Dream night surrounded by ❤, support, real friendship and a community that isn’t interested in watching you fail. We uplift, we encourage, we inspire… we are truly a sisterhood and I am grateful.”
We love her and her new hair!
Larry Sims was the hairstylist behind her big chop! He styled her hair for the event in textured waves. Here is how to get the exact look:
“1. Start off by washing hair using Schwarzkopf GLISS™ Oil Nutritive Shampoo & Conditioner.
2. Next, blow dry the hair out prepping with Schwarzkopf got2b Guardian Angel Flat Iron Balm.
3. Take a feather razor and create a chin-length textured bob.
4. Continue by using a dime sized curling barrel, wrapping hair loosely around the barrel in opposite directions leaving ends straight. Wrap pieces away from the hairline to give a water wave finish over the left eye.
5. From there, take a blow dryer to create a broken up textured look. Use Schwarzkopf got2b Mess-Merizing Hairspray to add more texture.
6. Tuck hair really tight behind the right ear and make sure edges are laid down with Smooth ‘N Shine Edge Smoothing Pomade.
7. Use Schwarzkopf got2b Glam Force Hairspray for a firm hold to complete the look!”
Gab actually has her very own hair care line coming soon, called Flawless by Gabrielle Union.
Of the line, Gabrielle said in a release: “[I am] designing a line of products that address what I feel are the main issues for women with textured hair. I’ve made it my mission to make sure everything from the formulas to the packaging are just right. I myself have suffered from one too many bad hair days and have never found one range of products that met all of my needs. I wanted to change that! This line is all about healthy hair and versatility — so you can change up your styles without compromising the condition of your hair. I want women to be able to express themselves, flawlessly!”
The line will be available online in March and will roll out in stores in April!
HollywoodLifers, are you obsessed with Gabrielle Union’s new bob? Are you loving her hair makeover?