Do you ever want to dramatically change your hair color like Katy Perry? If you do but you’re too scared, you’re in luck, because we have 7 expert tips from a celeb hairstylist on everything you need to know about switching up your look!
We think it is so brave of Katy Perry, 32, to constantly experiment with beauty trends and switch up her look. Whether it’s cotton candy hair or platinum blonde, Katy is always trying out new hues and we love it. Do you ever think of doing something drastic like going very berry or a bold blonde? Well, now is your chance because Garnier’s consulting Celebrity Hair Colorist, Nikki Lee, gave us 7 expert tips and they’re amazing.
Nikki shared a few tips and tricks on how to maintain your hairs health after a big color transition:
1. “If you’re making a big color change you want to make sure your hair is in a healthy state before doing so. If you can, a month before your change, start using a deep conditioning mask as your daily conditioner.”
2. “Avoid washing your hair for a few days after coloring this will allow things to settle in and give your color longevity.”
3. “You want to make sure you’re using a color safe shampoo and preferably sulfate free and paraben free.”
4. The one thing you should avoid after coloring — “Do not go swimming in a pool.”
5. “If you have hard water, it’s going to build up on your hair which was cause fading. My favorite way to prevent color fading is to have filtered water in the shower with raindrops.”
6. Keep your hair moisturized, “By using a mask at least once a week, a leave in conditioner, and heat protectant products.”
7. “It’s important to choose the right product when coloring your hair. If you’re coloring at home, look for colors that are conditioning and long lasting. I love Garnier because they have both nourishing and long lasting effects! If you start with a good product while coloring your hair the maintenance should be minimal.”
Wow, how amazing and simple were these expert tips! What do you guys think — will you dramatically change your hair?