Is Kanye West suffering from a nervous breakdown?! Following the rapper’s tour cancellation and endless rants, HollywoodLife.com has reached out to a psychiatrist for an EXCLUSIVE comment on the stress-induced disorder than could lead to his downward spiral!
Feeling exhausted is one thing, but cancelling the remainder of his Saint Pablo tour is cause for concern! Driven by fear that Kanye West, 39, is inches away from having a nervous breakdown, friends of the rapper have reportedly reached out to see if he’s OK, and now, HollywoodLife.com has EXCLUSIVELY spoken with a psychiatrist for a second opinion. Here are five things to know about what having a nervous breakdown actually means, according to celebrity psychiatrist Dr. Carole Lieberman from Beverly Hills.
1) A “nervous breakdown” is a common term we all use, though it is not actually a real psychiatric diagnosis in itself.
2) In general conversation, people use it to describe anything from feeling overwhelmed by life to a suddenly becoming psychotic.
3) A nervous breakdown typically refers to someone who is losing touch with reality. This is either because of a psychosis, like schizophrenia or manic depressive illness (bipolar), or because of drug or alcohol abuse.
4) When someone is having a nervous breakdown, they are out of control and very frightened.
5) They try to pretend that they are not losing their mind and get angry at people who suggest they need help.
Number 5 is perhaps the most alarming point, considering Yeezy has been going off on rants about everyone under the sun! From Drake, to good friends like Beyonce and Jay Z, no one is safe from Yeezy’s insults! Like many of us, Amber Rose is concerned about the well-being of the “Famous” rapper — so here’s what we can do to help! “The best remedy is to get the person to a psychiatrist or an Emergency Room as soon as possible,” continues Dr. Carole. “Not only do they damage relationships and careers, they can accidentally cause injury or death to themselves and others.”
HollywoodLifers, do YOU think Kanye is having a nervous breakdown based on this new information?