Sometimes a formal occasion can be daunting because of the pressure to look perfect — the right dress, makeup and hairstyle. Lea Michele just rocked a gorgeous braided bun that works for day or night — and her hairstylist is breaking it down below!
Lea Michele rocked this sleek, low braided bun at the amfAR Gala, which helps to fund AIDS research, on October 27 in Los Angeles, California.
Along with her sleek hairstyle, she rocked perfectly highlighted skin, bold brows, long lashes and a pale pink lip.
Hairstylist Laura Polko created the stunning look and is explaining exactly how simple it is to copy right here!
- “Start by center parting the hair, then blow dry the hair really straight using a styling gel, start in the back and work your way up, along the sides as well. Then use a flat iron on each small section, brushing through for added shine and sleekness.
- Using a Mason Pearson brush, brush back the hair into a very low and tight ponytail securing with a scunci hair tie.
- Once in a ponytail, take the several sections and braid them until the very end, then, secure with a scunci Polyband.
- Take the braids and wrap them around the low ponytail until you have the bun/shape you want. When you lock in the shape, take scunci Bobby Pins and secure braids.
- Lastly, spray with hairspray to lock in the look. For added shine, use a small amount of hair oil along the top surface of the hair.”
Stunning work, Laura!
HollywoodLifers, do you love Lea Michele’s braided bun? Will you try out her amfAR hairstyle?