He felt the heat! Donald Trump responded to the huge blowback following an audiotape showing his disgusting and vile comments about women was released. In a video statement released Oct. 7, the Republican presidential nominee called the controversy a ‘distraction.’
“I’ve never said I’m a perfect person or pretended to be someone that I’m not. I’ve said things I regret and the words released today in a decade old video are one of them…I said it, I was wrong and I apologize.” He went on to say, “I pledge to be a better man tomorrow and will never ever let you down.” He then downplayed the tape, saying, “This is just a distraction from the real issues we’re facing today.” A DISTRACTION? Are you kidding us?!
He then tried to crudely turn the tables, saying “Bill Clinton has abused women and Hillary Clinton has attacked shamed and intimidated his victims. We will discuss this more in the coming days, before defiantly concluding, “See you at the debate on Sunday.”
Donald’s crude comments were made to then Access Hollywood host Billy Bush, 44, in 2005, where he talked about how he could easily grope women because of his fame and wealth. “And when you’re a star they let you do it. Grab them by the p***y. You can do anything,” he says as Billy cracks up laughing. Donald also talked about how he desperately “tried to f**k” a married Nancy O’Dell, 50, even though he just married his current wife Melania, 46, at the time. “I moved on her like a b**ch and I couldn’t get there. She was married.” He went on to make disparaging remarks about her looks after revealing he’d been shot down.
Republican politicians have either dropped their support or distanced themselves from him ever since. Rep. Jason Chaffetz of Utah even called in to CNN to tell them he was no longer going to vote for Donald as president after hearing his piggish comments about women, even though he won’t vote for Hillary Clinton, 68 either. Jason said that as the dad of a 15-year-old daughter he just couldn’t back Donald after his reprehensible words. RNC Chairman Reince Priebus called the tycoon’s comments “indefensible.” He said in a statement that “No woman should ever be described in these terms or talked about in this manner. Ever.”
Earlier in the day after the tape dropped, Donald put out out a dismissive statement that didn’t apologize for the terrible things he said about women, but rather he was sorry if anyone took offense to his crude language. “This was locker room banter, a private conversation that took place many years ago. Bill Clinton has said far worse to me on the golf course – not even close. I apologize if anyone was offended.”
HollywoodLifers, what do you think of Donald’s new and revised “apology.”